Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Splurged and gained

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
Thanksgiving week I gained 1/2 pound.
Christmas week I gained 2.
Back on the wagon this morning now that we are home again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
It happens to most of us sadly . But you have a
Great attitude!! get back at it!!
Drink lots of water to help flush . You got this!!
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I am having high fiber oatmeal for breakfast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I gain "weight" pretty quickly as soon as I go off my "plan."  But it's not all true fat, mostly water weight.  I have found that carbs & sweets mean big jumps in my weight...

Thanksgiving I was up 8-10 pounds.  6-7 dropped off pretty quickly...

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I went "off book" for about 3 months after maintaining my weight for 4 months to see how I could do on my own; also it didn't help that my computer has been in and out of the shop, and I do my food loggin on-line.

So, the moment of truth was about 2 weeks ago, after being "on my own" for 3 months I gained back 5 lbs.  Now, most people I have talked to have said "Five pounds in 3 months isn't THAT bad"... and they are probably right, it's not.  But, it is not where I want to be either.  So, it is back on the wagon for me as well...

Keep it up, mama! 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Probably just water weight...It should be easy to get rid of now that you're back to your normal eating.

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I am on a lifestyle change, not diet. I need to eat like I am forever. I guess a couple splurge weeks are not bad. I prefer to splurge once or twice a month for one meal. That is it.

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

I went "off book" for about 3 months after maintaining my weight for 4 months to see how I could do on my own; also it didn't help that my computer has been in and out of the shop, and I do my food loggin on-line.

So, the moment of truth was about 2 weeks ago, after being "on my own" for 3 months I gained back 5 lbs.  Now, most people I have talked to have said "Five pounds in 3 months isn't THAT bad"... and they are probably right, it's not.  But, it is not where I want to be either.  So, it is back on the wagon for me as well...

Keep it up, mama! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM

yup, excess carbs & sugar jump my weight BIG time.

Quoting CLEKate:

I gain "weight" pretty quickly as soon as I go off my "plan."  But it's not all true fat, mostly water weight.  I have found that carbs & sweets mean big jumps in my weight...

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I am doing the lifestyle change as well -- no more dieting for me. I lost (and maintained) 37 lbs between March and the beginning of October; but then started to be a little less stringent with my food choices.  My biggest thing that came out of this most recent "splurge" is that my body can't do "a little bit" of sugar with out wanting it all the time.  

So, time to do another clean-out of my kitchen and make my poor husband "suffer" by not making any more sweets.  As long as I don't have it in the house, I am fine... even if it is in the house, and is a mix that has not been made, I am fine.  Once that box is opened and the mix is made - WATCH OUT!

Quoting atlmom2: I am on a lifestyle change, not diet. I need to eat like I am forever. I guess a couple splurge weeks are not bad. I prefer to splurge once or twice a month for one meal. That is it.

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Keep it up, mama! 

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Then there is hope for me!  I have such a sweet tooth, and really have to work to keep it in check... Back on the plan I go.  For now, still going to track food until I swap over to a more clean eating and get the hang of it...

Quoting CLEKate:

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM

It took me the longest time to realize how my eating actually effects the scale.  It's only in the last year that i have found what makes the scale skyrocket and what doesn't.  I tend not to panic at the scale when it shows huge gains after I over indulge---I know most (if not all) will drop off.

I also look at things differently now: A little bit of a gain after having fun and knowingly over-indulging is often worth it to me.  I don't feel guilt over it.  It's how I want to live my life.  I want to have periods where I eat "off-plan."  Having to "recommit" to my plan after I go off it for a week or 2 makes me even stronger and better at it.  I just cannot allow the fun and over-indulging to happen often--otherwise I am constantly fighting. 

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Then there is hope for me!  I have such a sweet tooth, and really have to work to keep it in check... Back on the plan I go.  For now, still going to track food until I swap over to a more clean eating and get the hang of it...

Quoting CLEKate:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN