Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EDIT!!! Whole 30~ 2014!!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:59 AM
  • 16 Replies
Has anyone done it? Anyone doing it for January?

I'm thinking about doing a whole 30 for January. Its fairly strict, but it's all whole foods and doesn't really require "special" foods. Its based on the book "It Starts With Food".

Anyone else?

EDIT:

The Whole 30 "rules" involve choosing:

healthy high quality protein (preferred grass fed and pastured/organic meats and eggs, wild salmon, no nitrates or sugars or fillers added to bacon, sausage, etc)

Lots of healthy fresh vegetables except no white potatoes

Healthy fats including olive oil, coconut oil and coconut, avocado

NO sugars, sweeteners, non calorie sweeteners, soy, food additives like carageenen

NO GRAINS, NO DAIRY

So the "requirements" of the whole 30 seem tricky in some aspects and fairly easy in some as well! I'm looking forward to giving it a trying it out! For me, I anticipate the hardest part to be some of the sneakier additives, like carageenen in my almond milk, etc.
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomofHDFandNWF
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I haven't heard about it before...

katherinemcp
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM
http://www.whole9life.com/start/

I cant make it clicky (:
katherinemcp
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Basically its all whole foods, but strictly restricts all grains, dairy, legumes, sweeteners (even the fake stuff) for 30 days. Its like a paleo elimination diet, but no restrictions on calories. Just lots and lots of good veggies, healthy grass fed beef and high quality protein, etc. No paleo/grain free versions of foods (ie no coconut flour pancakes).

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

katherinemcp
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Oh and no alcohol of course

Quoting katherinemcp: Basically its all whole foods, but strictly restricts all grains, dairy, legumes, sweeteners (even the fake stuff) for 30 days. Its like a paleo elimination diet, but no restrictions on calories. Just lots and lots of good veggies, healthy grass fed beef and high quality protein, etc. No paleo/grain free versions of foods (ie no coconut flour pancakes).

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:40 AM

never heard of it- but I don't do strict diets - I'll never stick to them!

katherinemcp
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM
For me, I think its actually sounding easier than many strict diets, this is all meats and veggies (some fruit, nuts as snacks as needed), no counting calories or points or anything like that.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

never heard of it- but I don't do strict diets - I'll never stick to them!

Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM
No wine for 30 days!!!! Ahhh!!!!
katherinemcp
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Yahhhhhhh

thats the part that scares me.

lol!

Quoting Wheepingchree: No wine for 30 days!!!! Ahhh!!!!
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM

It can be very hard to stick to it, but I think you'll be amazed at the results!

katherinemcp
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I've been weaning off sugar and grains for a bit already, and reading a lot of paleo/whole 30 books to get ready! My brother sent me a bunch of resources, too. I didn't really want to go cold turkey. Today and Thursday I'll be doing some special grocery shopping, so I think I'll be ready to "start" my 30 days tomorrow, yay! (:

Quoting michiganmom116:

It can be very hard to stick to it, but I think you'll be amazed at the results!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)