Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Color Run...

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:07 AM
  • 6 Replies

Has any one done one, what do you think?  We have one coming about 3 hours away and a friend of mine is putting together a team...

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I did it last year. It was a blast. I get VIP registration so I registered our family as a team last night for the Atlanta run in April.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM

My only problem with the color run in the powder that they throw on you. It goes everywhere, you inhale it. My friend came back from one and every time she blew her nose it was like a rainbow in the tissue. I don't think it can be healthy to inhale that stuff. 

Still, it looks like fun. I like zombie obstacle course runs, myself.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM
It is only cornstarch that is colored..I had it in my ears and nose for over a week. Lol

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

My only problem with the color run in the powder that they throw on you. It goes everywhere, you inhale it. My friend came back from one and every time she blew her nose it was like a rainbow in the tissue. I don't think it can be healthy to inhale that stuff. 

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM

That was one of the things I was wondering about.... Thanks for clearing that up!

Quoting mcginnisc: It is only cornstarch that is colored..I had it in my ears and nose for over a week. Lol

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM

It's fun.  If you're a competitive runner, and competition is important to you, you won't enjoy it, but otherwise, you'll really enjoy it.  It's a great first 5K!  I ran it with a running buddy and her husband, who isn't much of a runner, and we had fun. 

I actually took a picture of myself naked before my shower, because my skin was all kinds of colors!  LOL  I was still finding it in places a few days later.  But it's harmless.

My friend (on the right) got bombed with color right in her face toward the end!  Someone said something to the volunteer that did it.  LOL

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I am looking at doing it with a group and am not sure how many of them are runners either... but, it sounds like it will be fun!

Quoting musicpisces:

It's fun.  If you're a competitive runner, and competition is important to you, you won't enjoy it, but otherwise, you'll really enjoy it.  It's a great first 5K!  I ran it with a running buddy and her husband, who isn't much of a runner, and we had fun. 

I actually took a picture of myself naked before my shower, because my skin was all kinds of colors!  LOL  I was still finding it in places a few days later.  But it's harmless.

My friend (on the right) got bombed with color right in her face toward the end!  Someone said something to the volunteer that did it.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN