Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

protein?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 24 Replies
Those who workout, what type of protein do you drink? Do you take vitamins? Any thing for Energy ?

I take syntha 6.after my workouts. Should I take something else besides that? I'm trying to get a tone body.
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HoustonTx
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Anyone? Lol
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Nothing at all.. I use whole sources for protein instead of powders or bars.
HoustonTx
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Really? No vitamins? I eat veggies but probably not enough lol

Quoting mcginnisc: Nothing at all.. I use whole sources for protein instead of powders or bars.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I take vitamins but no protein substitutes. I also drink a green smoothie everyday in addition to a ton of other veggies.

Quoting HoustonTx: Really? No vitamins? I eat veggies but probably not enough lol

Quoting mcginnisc: Nothing at all.. I use whole sources for protein instead of powders or bars.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I get all of my protein from my regular diet. I've never found a protein powder that was A.) inexpensive and B.) Didn't taste like gritty nastiness. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Green tea! I knew I forgot something at the store earlier!!! 

*Random, but true*

I just got a Ninja Mega, and I spent hours last night on Pinterest looking at green smoothie recipes. I have a whole counter full of fruits, green veggies, coconut milk and almond milk. Let the blending begin.

Also, OP, I take a woman's  formula multi-vitamin and a calcium/D3 tablet daily. That's it. 

Quoting mcginnisc: I take vitamins but no protein substitutes. I also drink a green smoothie everyday in addition to a ton of other veggies.

Quoting HoustonTx: Really? No vitamins? I eat veggies but probably not enough lol

Erica_Smerica
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM

This is what I drink. Do be careful though, since it is possible to OD on protein. Generally a good diet will give you more than enough protein. I drink a shake since I work out, breast feed, and sell plasma (protein in your blood). 

mrsary
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Pure protein shake the 180 calories one.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Dont drink it... Use it to make protein bars or mix with yogurt... I take fish oil, b12 and multi vitamin

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:12 PM

A "toned body" comes from the right diet and lifting to be honest 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)