Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Losing inches, but no weight

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM
  • 15 Replies
Alright, so I am moving into week 5 of working out 6 days/week. Zumba or some other cardio for at least 40 minutes. At 10 wks post partum, I have lost 40 lbs (gained 35). Since I began regular exercise, I have stopped losing pounds, but have lost a total of 13" all over my body.

I know inches lost is good and I am happy, but I'd REALLY like to see a drop in weight again! I did have my BMR calculated recently and eat about 2500 cals a day. What can I do here??
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Honestly wait it out. Its great that your seeing progress in inches !!! The scale will move give it some time.
Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM
You're right. I'm trying to be patient. This is just the first time I've ever been motivated to get healthy and I'd just love the number to budge!!!!! Thanks for the reassurance!!

Quoting jendawn1: Honestly wait it out. Its great that your seeing progress in inches !!! The scale will move give it some time.
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Seeing inches lost is great! I always look at that more then I do the scale.
Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Thanks, you're right! I've just always been conditioned to think of weight, have to work on changing my mindset!

Quoting KelliansMom: Seeing inches lost is great! I always look at that more then I do the scale.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM
2 moms liked this

You're building/toning muscle, and muscle tissue weighs more than fat.  Thus, I'd bet you're still losing fat (inches).

momlovestorun
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Inches lost is way better than weight lost!!!
guia
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Some times that what happens to me even thought i would love the scale to go down. but my close are fitting different.good luck

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this

you have lost 40 lbs in 5 weeks?

give it time- I went for like 3 months over the summer and lost only about a lb...then alla sudden I started dropping faster than before!  

also- muscle takes less space than fat -even though it weighs the same,so that may be happening too.  One of our zumba instructors is shorter than I am and weighs about 5 lbs less than I do-but she looks good, and I still have rolls...ugh

mrsary
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Yea 40 lbs that quick sounds like you are losing weight too and not just inches. What is the problem?

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

give it time- I went for like 3 months over the summer and lost only about a lb...then alla sudden I started dropping faster than before!  

also- muscle takes less space than fat -even though it weighs the same,so that may be happening too.  One of our zumba instructors is shorter than I am and weighs about 5 lbs less than I do-but she looks good, and I still have rolls...ugh

Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I need to try to remember that.

40 in 10 weeks

13" in the last 4 weeks.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)