Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

30 Day Shred *edit *link added

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 18 Replies

Anyone want to do it with me? Or anyone have advice getting past soreness I know there will be. Planning on starting first day of year.

Ok, so for the people who would like to do this with me...ideas on how we update everday? Do we message, post on here, or something else. I didn't get that part thought through.

Link for new 30 ds journal post!

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
07mom07
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM

what are the details about the 30 day Shred? Iam interested but have very little time during the day.

bookworm5179
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Quoting 07mom07:

what are the details about the 30 day Shred? Iam interested but have very little time during the day.

It's a Jillian Michaels workout. It's just over 20 minutes total, every day for 30 days. 

* 2 minute warm-up

* Three - 6 minute circuits of

- 3 minutes of strength

- 2 minutes of cardio

- 1 minute of abs

* 2 minute cool down

You need weights, but I used deals of salt the other day since I don't have any. Also mat, rug, or blanket if doing it on hard surface.

I technically started a couple days ago but when I woke up so sore, I knew I needed some support to continue along with Tylenol lol.

I got the dvd at walmart for $9, though I think someone has it posted on youtube if you really weren't sure if you wanted to buy it yet.

4girlsinmylife
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Great dvd workout to start the new year. I did this the beginning of 2013 & got completely motivated. Have fun
MamaD35
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Shes phenomenal. I plan on starting my excercise regimen next monday. Bbl, some jillian, and wii and xbox fitness games. Good luck
Cassie2115
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Best thing I've done to avoid soreness with any workout is to drink a protein drink after working out.
I want to do the 30ds but I'm thinking 4 1/2 weeks pp after a csection just might be a little too early for ab work. I want to do 30ds and move on to insanity. Hoping to starting within another month.
Good luck!
readyforhim
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM

IT is good but ooh, you will feel sore. Insanity was incredible for my friend, she looks fantastic.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm about to start level 3 on the 1st. I did level 1 all November and level 2 all of December. Essentially, I'm doing the 92 day shred lol.

My only advice is to just power through it, and do it like you are supposed to. Start with 3 days a week then work up to 5 or 6. I also think you should spend a whole 30 days at level 1. There is a significant leap in difficulty from level 1 to level 2. I thought I was ready, but it was a rude awakening. I haven't even looked at level 3, I'm terrified.

And remember, it's only 20 minutes! You can do it!

Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm borrowing the DVD from a friend later in the week then jumping in! Looking forward to it!!
judesmama09
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

ill start it back up on the 1st!! i started a few months back but got sick and didnt get back on it but now i just started a workout called the butt bible and im loving it, but need some cardio!! i think im ready!!

mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM

my husband wants to start it back up January 1. We never get past level 1... we just get busy with other things.. I'd love to finish it this time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)