Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morning shakes?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 8 Replies

So this metformin kills my stomach and gives me horrible diareha but i gotta take it for multiple reasona. The diareha is terrible no matter what kind of food i eat. Whether it be leafy greens or a bowl of french fries. I wantt o try a protien shake of aome sort to supplment my meals and food for a bit to see if it helps. Does anyone know of something? I am trying to loose weight so i dont necessarily want something with a million calories in it. Im thinking of going into a fitness store like GNC and ssking for help. Does that seem like a good idea? Thwnks ladies. 

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I would avoid any processes shakes and make your own.
I have a nutribullet so I drink a shake daily. It typically consists of spinach, broccoli, Apple, pear, berries, bananas, and either nuts or flaxseed. It is about 300 calories...I do not add protein to mine,but you can do so.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM

The meds are destroying your digestive system.  There's GOT to be another med the doctor can give you.

I doubt a protein shake would help, but if you want one there's always Boost or whatever the GNC people tell you is similar.

BeachbodyMom77
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I use Shakeology. It is low in calories and has all of your fruits and veggies for the day. I love it because I have digestive issues as well - it has helped me introduce foods back into my diet and stop all of the bloating that I have had trouble with. www.myshakeology.com/makeitcount13
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry OP, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I have a question for this poster:

Does Beachbody have some kind of partnership with Shakeology? I ask, because I was watching youtube videos last night from real people, like you, who are now Beachbody coaches, and they all advocate at least one Beachbody workout system, plus Shakeology.

Quoting BeachbodyMom77: I use Shakeology. It is low in calories and has all of your fruits and veggies for the day. I love it because I have digestive issues as well - it has helped me introduce foods back into my diet and stop all of the bloating that I have had trouble with. www.myshakeology.com/makeitcount13

mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Shakeology is exclusive to BB...you can only get it through them...( I am a former coach)

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Sorry OP, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I have a question for this poster:

Does Beachbody have some kind of partnership with Shakeology? I ask, because I was watching youtube videos last night from real people, like you, who are now Beachbody coaches, and they all advocate at least one Beachbody workout system, plus Shakeology.

Quoting BeachbodyMom77: I use Shakeology. It is low in calories and has all of your fruits and veggies for the day. I love it because I have digestive issues as well - it has helped me introduce foods back into my diet and stop all of the bloating that I have had trouble with. www.myshakeology.com/makeitcount13

BeachbodyMom77
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Yes, Shakeology was created by Beachbody. They found that the important keys to success are fitness, nutrition and support. So they have the best DVD collections, created Shakeology plus meal plans, and have coaches to provide one on one support!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Ok, that explains a lot.

Quoting BeachbodyMom77: Yes, Shakeology was created by Beachbody. They found that the important keys to success are fitness, nutrition and support. So they have the best DVD collections, created Shakeology plus meal plans, and have coaches to provide one on one support!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

BeachbodyMom77
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I did a few of the workouts without supplementing but had a horrible time with eating. I wanted to snack all of the time because I was working so hard. I finally jumped in with Shakeologythis year and my results were obvious. I just entered my pics into the challenge contest to see if I can win some cash! :)

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Ok, that explains a lot.

Quoting BeachbodyMom77: Yes, Shakeology was created by Beachbody. They found that the important keys to success are fitness, nutrition and support. So they have the best DVD collections, created Shakeology plus meal plans, and have coaches to provide one on one support!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)