• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shakes that work

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 11 Replies
Has anyone tried any shakes that have helped and do not cost a fortune?
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I use Shakeology but costs more than slim fast. I don't use it for weight loss, use it for extra nutrition.
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Why not just eat better instead.  I have never used them *other than the time I got some slim-fast and realised you are supposed to eat with them and decided they were a waste of money...

MiMi.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Anyone do isagenix?
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Shakes that work for what??

I did use shakeology for a bit - very expensive for my little wallet.

I now do fresh fruits and veggies and have been learning how to incorporate natural ingredients to help with my needs.
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM

If you are really set on trying shakes-buy protein powder and make your own shakes.  My mom used to do that.  It was way cheaper then most protein shake plans.

I like the flavor of Herbalife shakes.  I use them when I can't get a meal in.  Though its best to use it as a meal supplement regularly.  I have low blood sugar and find they help keep my sugar levels stable if I don't have time to eat on the run.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM
The only time I ever drink a pre-packaged shake is if I'm on my way to work and I forgot to pack my breakfast the night before, and I will only drink an Atkins shake, because I'm carb conscious. It isn't enough to fill me though, I grab an Atkins bar along with it for a total of 3-4 Net Carbs.
Anoronlight
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I love the AdvoCare shakes and I'm picky as heck. I can never stomach any of the other stuff, but I can handle the AdvoCare just fine. Don't know if the price is to high for you, but I do know I have my favorites...the vanilla and the chocolate (I never liked Vanilla shakes, but this one I do. :D and I haven't tried the berry yet. :D)

Wheepingchree
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Make your own!!! Kale, almond milk, PB, and a frozen banana. Protein! Low carb! So many vitamins!
MommyC57
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Other shakes are cheaper but don't have quality ingredients such as Shakeology.  It is expensive but it is because of the various high quality superfood ingredients.  It is well worth the cost.  You can become a coach to receive a discount.

Mena929
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I signed up as a coach to get the discount on Shakeology. I love the stuff. It is very expensive though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)