Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why cant i get motivated?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

I can not get motivated to lose weight, I want to, I need to but I just cant get motivated.  I want to cry, I'm very close to 300 lbs.  I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror, I have a double stomach.  I have multiple health issues.  idk if its due to me being overweight or not but I have hypothyroidism,(under active not over active), insulin resistence and vitamin d defeciency,  I only have a handful of clothes that I can fit in, and thats shrinking.  I'm a single mom and want to be around a long time for my dd, i feel horrible that that isnt even motivating me enough to start.  I had been doing really good, had lost 12 lbs all together but in my mind i wasnt loseing weight fast enough.  and started going back to eating like i was before.  my family is going on vacation this summer to an amusement park and I really want to lose weight before we go so I can ride the rides, I'm scared I wouldnt fit on the rides.  :(  I hate being like this, would think all of this would be PLENTY to motivate me but it's just not working.  I have well over 100 lbs to lose.

what do you do to get motivated?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ProudMeof2
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I used to be just like that. A lot of people don't think I weigh wut I do cuz I am tall and that masks some of my weight. I have tried dieting before and when the weight wasn't coming off like i wanted, I quit. I never could really stay motivated until now. I was watching a video of me with the kids and did not like what I saw. I do not want my kids to get bullied when older cuz they have a fat mom and I do not want to be unhealthy and they think it is ok, so I want to change now before it gets to that point. I also think once the weight comes off, my health will greatly improve. I never visioned I would be at the weight I am, but I have never been as motivated as I am now for it to come off. Another big factor is having a great support team and I have that not only with my family, but with the moms in this group. They are wonderful. Stay positive and you will achieve it. We didn't put on the weight overnight, so the same way we put it on, it will come off. Feel free to message me if u want. : )

CafeMom Tickers

prego_jessi
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Quoting ProudMeof2:

I used to be just like that. A lot of people don't think I weigh wut I do cuz I am tall and that masks some of my weight. I have tried dieting before and when the weight wasn't coming off like i wanted, I quit. I never could really stay motivated until now. I was watching a video of me with the kids and did not like what I saw. I do not want my kids to get bullied when older cuz they have a fat mom and I do not want to be unhealthy and they think it is ok, so I want to change now before it gets to that point. I also think once the weight comes off, my health will greatly improve. I never visioned I would be at the weight I am, but I have never been as motivated as I am now for it to come off. Another big factor is having a great support team and I have that not only with my family, but with the moms in this group. They are wonderful. Stay positive and you will achieve it. We didn't put on the weight overnight, so the same way we put it on, it will come off. Feel free to message me if u want. : )

thank you!   i'm glad im not alone.  I found a few things on pinterest that I think will really help me.  and after i read your reply about you watching the video.  my dad took a picture of my dd and I on Christmas and I didnt even look at it.  :(  I think im ready to do this, No I know i'm ready to do this.  thank you so much for responding :)

mes_deux_amours
by *Andrea* on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:56 PM

You have to be ready to do it. You have to come to a point where you feel you are WORTH the effort. I am always on the wagon, off the wagon... and I just need to get out of my own way. I saw a picture of me at a Christmas party a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe what I looked like... I was devastated.

I have made the choice to stick with this and no matter what... I need to stick with my new lifestyle change... so I am taking it day by day.

You can start with small changes. Cutting out soda. Cutting out all fried foods. Start with a food diary. You can do this! Good luck!

ProudMeof2
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:56 PM

You are so welcome. Keep me posted on how you are doing and I will do the same. We can be motivation for each other.

we rock

Quoting prego_jessi:

CafeMom Tickers

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Unfortunately, motivation is ALL you.  You have it - or you don't.

I hit a place where I was SO frustrated with shopping that I wound up in tears -not once but 3 times in a span of a few months. The last time was when I decided I was DONE and was going to change it.  Then I just did it- started slow, got on a roll of doing some kind of moving EVERY day and started drinking water and now I have lost 80 lbs.

you CAN do this, but first, you have to get to that place where YOU decide that nothing and no one will stop you. Not hubby, not a job, not the scale being stuck...NOTHING

BeachbodyMom77
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM
You need to have a "why". A reason that truly drives you. I exercise daily so I don't get sick. Every time I stop, I catch something and I feel like I have to start all over. I have to keep going so I can take care of my family and to motivate others!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)