• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were trying to eat lower sodium and lower carb.....

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

What would you eat? If there is anyone here who knows a lot (or anything, really lol) about nutrition, please give me a sample menu.

I want to try to stay between 1500-2000 for sodium and 150 or less for carbs. And yes, both of those numbers are low for me. lol

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM
3 moms liked this

your best bet is to completely cut processed foods and stick to whole foods. 

75% of the sodium consumed by the average person on the average diet comes from processed food.

A sample menu?  for breakfast try veggie omelets (rely on herbs to add flavor instead of salt), hard or soft boiled eggs with veggie hash....lunches and dinners can be any combination of fresh cooked meats and veggies.  Avoid processed meats and smoked/cured meats.

mes_deux_amours
by *Andrea* on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not calorie counting at the moment... so I am not sure exactly where I am at sodium-wise... however, I have cut out cheese because in the past cheese is where my downfall was as far as sodium. It does seem like a give and take.. lower one part and go higher on another. Its tough to find that balance.

wahmx3
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Totally agree, I try to watch sodium and keep it under 1800. I find when I log my food on MFP, it helps keep me accountable on sodium since it is one of the things I track.

Quoting michiganmom116:

your best bet is to completely cut processed foods and stick to whole foods. 

75% of the sodium consumed by the average person on the average diet comes from processed food.

A sample menu?  for breakfast try veggie omelets (rely on herbs to add flavor instead of salt), hard or soft boiled eggs with veggie hash....lunches and dinners can be any combination of fresh cooked meats and veggies.  Avoid processed meats and smoked/cured meats.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Rhonda has great advice...good luck OP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)