Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What was your biggest fitness/weight loss accomplishment in 2013?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 21 Replies

Was it deciding to get healthier? How about lost  pounds? A lifestyle change? Being able to run a mile? Fitting into pre-pregnancy clothes?

What was your biggest fitness or weight loss accomplishment of 2013?

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Losing 27lbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I

REACHED

MY

GOAL

WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and healed amazingly quickly (the orthopedic doctor actually called it extraordinary) from an accident that mangled my hand and resulted in the loss of a finger.  He'd never seen anyone else heal so well, so fast.  My doctor attributed it to my nutrient dense diet....and I know prayer had a LOT to do with it, too.

judesmama09
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM

i lost a lot of weight.. about 50 lbs.. still have about 50 to go but getting myself back on track now so i should be able to this coming year!!

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Dec. 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I finally got diagnoses for my medical problems, which are now being treated and I feel so much better! I ran a 5K. I'm finally starting to lose weigh now that said problems are better controlled.
MamaRahRah
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Lost 25kg  woo, this year I'm going to accept and love my body 

Reina13
by Reina on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:49 AM

I was wondering how your hand was, but I didnt want to be intrusive and come out and ask. I am so glad that you healed quickly!

Congrats on your goal weight too!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I

REACHED

MY

GOAL

WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and healed amazingly quickly (the orthopedic doctor actually called it extraordinary) from an accident that mangled my hand and resulted in the loss of a finger.  He'd never seen anyone else heal so well, so fast.  My doctor attributed it to my nutrient dense diet....and I know prayer had a LOT to do with it, too.

Reina13
by Reina on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Good for you! Congratulations!

Quoting atlmom2: Losing 27lbs.

Reina13
by Reina on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Thats awesome! Getting a proper diagnosis so that medical issues can be treated is huge. Im glad that was all sorted out.

Congrats on your 5k. I remember my first one as well and the feeling of accomplishment was amazing.

Quoting livndaybyday: I finally got diagnoses for my medical problems, which are now being treated and I feel so much better! I ran a 5K. I'm finally starting to lose weigh now that said problems are better controlled.

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Lost 20 lbs and completed my first triathlon!
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:35 AM

You can ask...I'm not shy about it  LOL

There's quite a few adjustments I have to get used to with it.  Grip/grasp strength has been affected.  The injured area isn't protected by that finger, so I bump it on something several times a day and that will cause pain and swelling.  Riding my horse will be different because I thread the reins through the 4th and 5th fingers...can't do that any more.  However, I am back to playing piano, cross stitching, and crocheting!

Quoting Reina13:

I was wondering how your hand was, but I didnt want to be intrusive and come out and ask. I am so glad that you healed quickly!

Congrats on your goal weight too!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I

REACHED

MY

GOAL

WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)