Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No more loss

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:43 AM
  • 4 Replies

Well i was trying so hard to lose weight. I was going to the gym almost everyday or walking at most 4 miles a day. I was struggling to lose anything. maybe a few lbs here and there. i would starve myself, use every pill/laxitgive possible, diet fad & trick. Not much worked. Now ive lost almost 10 lbsin 7 weeks not intentionally. I found out 7 weeks ago that im pregnant for a 5th time. I just had my youngest son a year ago today, this was most definatly not planned. I was still on birth control so most of me is still in shock.

Im not trying to lose weight now but im not quiet yet eating for 2. I am still on the scale everyday, even though right now it shouldnt matter. I have talked to my dr and they only want me to gain no more than 15 lbs so i think thats why im stil on the scale & watching everything that i eat. I did cut out soda and have only eaten out like 3 times. (rare, ive been cooking alot more.) Stats: 5'8, this pregnancy started at 213 now i fluctuate down to anywhere between 203-205 depending on the day before i weigh. if it goes up i get upset. if it goes down i get upset. i feel like im caught in a never ending cycle.

My last pregnancy i started at 218, got down to about 210 then slowly went up. I ended pregnancy at 235 which they said wasnt bad. i got down to 207 after him then shot right back up to 221 & stayed there for some time. People tell me know when i see them that i look good or i look like ive lost weight. I say how, i still have the muffin top, i still wear baggy shirts any chance i get, nothing fits different. I feel like i still am 235, that i look like it. i was never able to get the baby weight off from any pregnancy except my 2nd, my DD that passed away so in the grief i lost most of it then shot right back up again. Half of me knows its ok to lose then gain as long as i dont gain too much, the other half of me just wants the weight gone after i have my LO & i feel like it will be very hard to get to where i want to be.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:16 AM

I would say, just focus on eating better and enough. 

Starving yourself , pills, shakes,fads  is no way to go about losing weight to begin with- as it sounds like you have discovered. You have to eat!, and especially now, you need to make sure you do- and eat good things :)   Keep walking if you can too.

Don't stress over it. Just be aware.  

Monsita
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:47 AM
You got pregnant using the pill!?
Wow!

I know you are worry about your weight, health and now a new baby...
I feel your frustration!

Soon your baby will be bonding with you in an unique level. You will feel the need to give him or her, the best food choices you can provide it with.

Best of luck!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Congrats mama...I agree with the first comment.  Good luck!

BoopBettyBoop
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Congratulations.  And even tho this one wasn't planned, you will love and cherish this one as much as the others.  I know, our 4th was completely unplanned.  Make sure that you are taking pre-natals and that it is a good one.  You need to make sure that you are getting all the required minerals and omega-3s!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)