Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marcia May's Weight Loss Journal

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:44 AM
  • 6 Replies

happy dance

Today is the first day that I have wanted to actually start recording my weight loss adventure in journal form.

I have started fresh at the begining of 2014 to try to lose about 25-30 lbs.  I have started taking a supplement called Raspberry Slim (raspberry ketones) I have also started to cut back on the "junk" and limit what I eat on a daily basis without starving myself.

I have somewhat gotten into a routine: 

Breakfast: 1 cup cooked oatmeal (1/2 cup uncooked) with 2% milk, sprinkle of cinnamon and a teaspoon of brown sugar. Limit myself to 2 cups of coffee any way i want ( used to drink coffee all day long so very proud of this) Black or green tea and water there rest of the day.

Lunch: 1 cup of cottage cheese mixed with canned fruit (sugar free cocktail)  wheat crackers and garlic humus.

and whatever i want to eat for dinner... I try to limit myself to 1 soda a week ( not a big soda drinker and way use it as a treat)

I try to not count calories as i personally do not have time for it, I forget to write it down, or use them up before dinner and then am starving!

I currently am not adding any exercises to this plan as 1 its (freakin) cold outside. and 2 I get regular excercise walking my dog and walking up and down the stairs to do laundry.

To be truthful i am feeling alittle discourged as I weighed myself last night and am the heaviest i have ever been at 150lbs. Trying to take into consideraton the fact that i just finsihed my mens.cyc.  and that can effect my water weight. Gladly  will take any suggestions and or ideas. 

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
graymm12
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Yesterday went well. Come to find out I did lose some weight! 141.2 yesterday! That 150 threw me for a loop! Left covers in the fridge from pork roast last night.. thinking i will stick with cottage cheese and fruit for my lunch.. doing good now don't want to get back into my old habits! Breakfast hard boiled eggs abs wheat toast..
graymm12
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:25 AM

yea ok so I brought the left overs with me.. It was already prepared and i was in a hurry to get out the door this morning.  :( will just have to take it easy at dinner time!  And lots of water!

srehman
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:51 PM
That is fantastic! Congrats on your loss!!!! I was going to suggest why don't you start jogging a little with your fur baby. Just a little jog maybe to a mailbox every so
Often on your walk!
Keep up the good work!
graymm12
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Thank you. Yes I want do something outside just lately with windchills close to -30 that's not good for my dog or myself for any longer than what time it takes for her to do her business.

Quoting srehman: That is fantastic! Congrats on your loss!!!! I was going to suggest why don't you start jogging a little with your fur baby. Just a little jog maybe to a mailbox every so

Often on your walk!

Keep up the good work!
srehman
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
What about some YouTube workout videos? Or some DVD workout videos? That way you can get in a workout still and not be freezing! Lol Leslie Samson has some walking DVDs and they are nice. I've used those before. Or (I haven't used these) some biggest loser DVDs! They have for all levels!
graymm12
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM

So this morning i attempted to venture out with my furry girl, after 15 minutes to running around and slipping around on the ice it felt like my hands were on fire!  Risking getting frostbitten,  I rushed back inside and got ready for work.  I had a bowl of cherrios (dark chocolate crunch) for breakfast.

Last night it was bad.. I could have eatting everything in the house. I forced myself to NOT eat and went to bed as soon as mob wives was over!. 

Im on vacation next week so lets see how i can do as far as working out and staying occupied enough to not eat everything in the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)