Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge Day 3: Healthy Hydration!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:08 AM
  • 86 Replies

Welcome to Day 3 of the New Year, New You Weight Loss Challegne!

Drink plenty of water for  Healthy Hydration!

Drinking at least 64oz of water a day is recommended. Drinking half your body weight in ounces is preferable to keep your body hydrated. Drinking water also helps to curb your between meal cravings.
Drinking that much water, especially if you are new to weight loss, can be difficult. Here are a few ways to make drinking water easier.

Using fresh fruits such as citrus, berries, pineapples and melons will nicely flavor water. You can also spice up your water by using fresh herb such as mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, basil and lavender. If you really want to infuse your water with flavor, you can experiment with different fruit and herb combinations. If you prefer your water plain, just adding a lot of ice makes water easier to drink. You can even freeze your glasses for that extra chill!

How much water do you drink a day?
Do you infuse your water with flavor?
How much water will you drink today?
What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

happy new yearOne member who signs up for our New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up for the New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card and Bonus Prizes Too!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I drink a lot of water each day. I mainly drink water or ice tea, a little coffee in the morning

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I drink three 8 oz glasses of water when I take medication. I drink 2 20 oz Propel water, and sometimes more. Occasionally iced tea, occasionally coffee.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I drink between 6-8 16 oz glasses each day and it's still not enough!

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Running really takes it's toll on my hydration!

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I've used Nuun a few times but I'm not a huge fan.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I suck at drinking water lol. I should get some of the flavored kinds.

Larsbug
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I have a cup of tea in the morning, 3 glasses of water, another cup of tea, another 3 glasses, a pepsi, and then 2-3 more glasses of water...I use a water bottle (24 oz in it) so it doesn't seem like I am drinking that much

Christy1919
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I downloaded an app * yes I know *  it reminds me to mind my water consumption

alf2651
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I drink a lot of water during the day, not sure how much I do. I prefer that over a lot of sport drinks like powerade or gatorade. Occasionally, I use flavored water, but not often. 

I don't know if I'll drink as much water as I usually do because our pipes are frozen and water is in limited supply here, lol.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Verrine
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I have a stomach flu. It's been over 24 hours. I'm currently drinking diluted pedialyte. I usually drink water and diet coke. Probably 4-8 8 oz glasses of water and 3-5 cans of soda. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)