Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elliptical And My Random Thoughts

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I posted this in another group and thought I should share it here as well.

...and so as I was doing my elliptical session for the day I couldn't help but to think about the most random thoughts in different areas.

As I was on that lovely machine working it ... I couldn't help but look at the high beams this gym has. The beams were placed just right with high windows to allow sun light in. I couldn't help and think wow that's pretty nice and thought to myself, I so need to build my house with high beams in them and the windows just as here but I will definitely add a huge fireplace. Not no little thing either. I'm talking about old school fireplaces that just you want to hang out by them and you know that Santa would def fit thru it - just in case a child would ever ask. lol I just went thru a walk thru of my future home. I knew the furniture that would occupy it as well and how the outside of my home will look as well.

My thoughts turned to the fact that we are our worst enemies and at times we alone are the ones who stop our dreams from coming true.

Anyway, half way done I thought that it's so cool to be able to go to the gym and be able to listen to music or read a book as many do when they are on the treadmill or bike. I'm a huge fan of music on or a tv while working out to get us thru it.But today the tv was off and I brought no music with me either. i loved not listening to anything at all. It was just me with my thoughts, and although it can be scary times because reality sets in with my thoughts ... but today it didn't matter, I needed to go there with myself. Sometimes we allow so much consume our day that we don't even make time just to think clearly. So I did just that today and it was rather nice. Not allowing myself to be consumed with this or that which can happen to us all too much.

My thoughts then went to an article I was reading earlier about working out early vs later. In reality the choice was ours to make. What would the benefits be of going earlier vs later etc. I'm thinking I guess that's really up to the individual whatever their schedule is. I couldn't stand it when I was told, you should work out early or someone come with the opposite. A song ran thru my thoughts a few times and I welcomed it because it encouraged me as I was working out too. Thank the Lord for being able to think for myself. I chose my time because I was ready to go to the gym and hey no one was there either. I could pick any thing to work out on with out having to wait for anyone either. Can't guarantee that it will be like that all the time either. Again, the choice is ours and how great for that.

As I was finishing my session which was 35 minutes including cool down... I thought to myself, YOU GO GIRL YOU DID IT!!! I will cheer myself all the way if I can't cheer myself on in the small things and small goals I set for myself, who will do it. I can't always expect others to cheer me on I need to create a great thought process for myself to get to the point that I know I can do things and feel well and accomplished. Not being braggy or anything of such thing just feeling encouraged. To me that's a great way to be and think. 

so there you have it my 35 minute Elliptical workout with the only random thoughts. ha ha ha 

Enjoy your day and your workouts.

Peace 

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
katiebug840204
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:44 PM
I hate the elliptical. I managed 20 minutes on it today. I have to play music loud or I won't get through it! Music distracts me from my hate! LOL
Phylis419
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM

totally understandable...however, you did 20 minutes of it and so to you I say, WELL DONE!!! clapping

Quoting katiebug840204: I hate the elliptical. I managed 20 minutes on it today. I have to play music loud or I won't get through it! Music distracts me from my hate! LOL

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I have such random thoughts while doing cardio - when I'm lifting weight I am too consumed concentrating on my breathing.
katiebug840204
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! :-)

Quoting Phylis419:

totally understandable...however, you did 20 minutes of it and so to you I say, WELL DONE!!! clapping

Quoting katiebug840204: I hate the elliptical. I managed 20 minutes on it today. I have to play music loud or I won't get through it! Music distracts me from my hate! LOL

Phylis419
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

that's me and Pilates ... the breathing does take over my thought process. With the exceptions of my occasional thought of, "what the heck am I doing to myself here".

Quoting mybratsmom: I have such random thoughts while doing cardio - when I'm lifting weight I am too consumed concentrating on my breathing.

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was taking Pilates we were on the reformers.  I was more concerned if someone was peeking through the window and what their thoughts were!!

Quoting Phylis419:

that's me and Pilates ... the breathing does take over my thought process. With the exceptions of my occasional thought of, "what the heck am I doing to myself here".

Quoting mybratsmom: I have such random thoughts while doing cardio - when I'm lifting weight I am too consumed concentrating on my breathing.

Phylis419
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

ha ha ha that made me laugh. Totally understand though.

Quoting mybratsmom:

When I was taking Pilates we were on the reformers.  I was more concerned if someone was peeking through the window and what their thoughts were!!

Quoting Phylis419:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)