Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curves for women

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM
  • 9 Replies
Do any of you go to curves? I joined Monday with my mom and am gonna do a Zumba class once a week. I'm excited! Just wondering if anyone has any motivational or success stories.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Its a circuit type center, right?

I go to Planet Fitness and they have a circuit training area and I LOVE using it.  It keeps me motivated because you aren't counting reps.  You do one minute as much as you can do.  I really like that type of training.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I should also add I loved Zumba, I did it once with two friends and once by myself.  I would love to go again if I could talk someone into going back with me!  Zumba is awesome!

robinclements86
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes that's what it is! Yeah I like it cause I don't walk in all confused. It tells me what to do and when to switch machines. And it was my first Zumba I have always wanted to try it. I loved it!

Quoting Vertical15:

I should also add I loved Zumba, I did it once with two friends and once by myself.  I would love to go again if I could talk someone into going back with me!  Zumba is awesome!

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I love that the machines all have detailed instructions and they also offer an instructor to walk you through your first time to make sure you are using proper form.

Quoting robinclements86: Yes that's what it is! Yeah I like it cause I don't walk in all confused. It tells me what to do and when to switch machines. And it was my first Zumba I have always wanted to try it. I loved it!

Quoting Vertical15:

MsStaceyu
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I belong to Curves.  I love it.  It is a great workout and I love that it is only 30 minutes.  I love the Zumba classes and how they are incorporated with the circuit.

They have started workouts with Jillian Michaels.  I have not tried a "Jillian" workout yet, but I am looking forward to my first class.

srehman
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:31 AM
I did it a very long time ago. I had good results the first few months. Honestly, part of it was diet, as I didn't really understand whatnot was to eat healthy, and the other was bc I got bored. They didn't have anything except the circuit that long ago. (Which was just 10 years ago btw).
But, I think it's a great start and I think if you can see results and enjoy what you're doing then you've already reached part of your goal!
IloveNeriumAD
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:56 AM

I am a certified fitness coach at Curves- you and your mom will love it! Each club is a franchise- but usually they should all be doing the same stuff. We just partnered with Jillian Michaels and it is AWESOME! I have several clients that I coach  and they are all on their personal journey and doing great so far. The best thing that I like about Curves is the value for your money. It is so personalized with the fact that there should always be a coach in the center of the circuit and that one on one coaching is rare to find in other clubs. feel free to email me with any other questions. :) thewentworths063007@yahoo.com

robinclements86
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Thanks!! Used to this curves wasn't participating with what the others did. Now it is tho so they Are doing the jillIn michaels too. I'm excited and ready to get results. About to go now on my lunch break :-)

Quoting IloveNeriumAD:

I am a certified fitness coach at Curves- you and your mom will love it! Each club is a franchise- but usually they should all be doing the same stuff. We just partnered with Jillian Michaels and it is AWESOME! I have several clients that I coach  and they are all on their personal journey and doing great so far. The best thing that I like about Curves is the value for your money. It is so personalized with the fact that there should always be a coach in the center of the circuit and that one on one coaching is rare to find in other clubs. feel free to email me with any other questions. :) thewentworths063007@yahoo.com

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I haven't but good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)