Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Well this will be a hard confession.

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:48 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hi ladies, my name is Ingrid and I am new to this group. I have never ever told anyone my weight so it is hard for me to say it but I confess I weigh 195 lbs and I am 5'6" tall so I am very over weight. I am beginning my journey of weight loss today. I would love to lose 30-40 pounds by January 2015. any tips would be welcomed. Oh and I will post my picture in the comments. I look pregnant but I am not.
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomNCombatBoots
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM

hey welcome! well, you're in the right place at least! first off, what are your fitness goals in particular (what is the end result you are looking for, besides the obvious of losing 30-40 lbs)? any health issues? (HBP, etc?)

sweetieiv
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. No health issues at all thank goodness. Once I lose the weight I want to tone down and hopefully begin training to run in the Las Vegas santa run. That is my big goal.

Quoting MomNCombatBoots:

hey welcome! well, you're in the right place at least! first off, what are your fitness goals in particular (what is the end result you are looking for, besides the obvious of losing 30-40 lbs)? any health issues? (HBP, etc?)

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

you can do this!

Clean up your diet if you haven't already done so.  It can be hard, but you need to eliminate sodas, sugars, and processed foods (the worst offenders.)  Drink plenty of water (you'd need about 93 oz. a day at your present weight).  

Choose an exercise plan that interests you.  Start slow to let your body get used to it.

When you need encouragement, come here!

sweetieiv
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Thanks. I've already eliminated my worst enemy which h was dr. Pepper. I miss it but I'm better off with out it. That was the 9 joy soda I would drink so it's all gone now. I don't eat sugars and I'm trying to eat more clean. I drink water all day but never really know how much. Should I keep track of that?

Quoting michiganmom116:

you can do this!

Clean up your diet if you haven't already done so.  It can be hard, but you need to eliminate sodas, sugars, and processed foods (the worst offenders.)  Drink plenty of water (you'd need about 93 oz. a day at your present weight).  

Choose an exercise plan that interests you.  Start slow to let your body get used to it.

Clemency3
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Awww, I am in a similar boat..190 at 5'5...ugh! The biggest tip I have for you is to not give up! This is a tip I struggle with myself but am hoping to work through it this year. Good luck!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Maybe track it in the beginning, but once you get the "feel" of how much that is, then don't worry so much about tracking it unless you think that you may not be meeting your goal. What I did was get a 40 oz. refillable cup from Subway, and I fill mine twice a day (I need 80 oz. to function optimally.)  Drink 1/2 of your weight in oz., so the amount WILL go down as you lose weight.

Quoting sweetieiv: Thanks. I've already eliminated my worst enemy which h was dr. Pepper. I miss it but I'm better off with out it. That was the 9 joy soda I would drink so it's all gone now. I don't eat sugars and I'm trying to eat more clean. I drink water all day but never really know how much. Should I keep track of that?

Quoting michiganmom116:

you can do this!

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:08 PM

you can do it! The little stuff adds up, so don't jump into this thinking "I need to run 20 miles a day and eat 500 calories or I won't lose weight" because that's a surefire way to sabotage yourself. Start drinking more water and eating healthier options and try to eat in your calorie range (like for me it's roughly 1550-1800) so that you can start dropping some weight. 

This group is great for motivation and help when you need it

KikiKia
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Welcome to the group!  the advice here is right on point!  We are all rooting for you!

blueeyedpixie
by Sarah on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Mobile Photo

clean eating!:) try to eat clean as much as possible. that's 80% of losing weight. if you have access to a gym then try weight training. it's the most effective way to lose fat. the more muscle your body has the more calories it will burn (even while sleeping!).:)
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Hi! Welcome to the group
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)