Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dr Oz says if you take Sunflower oil it will help you lose weight.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM
  • 19 Replies
Has anyone tried this is it true? Oh and what food products do you all buy to help you lose weight.
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
endurablemist
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:57 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm pretty new to this, and I don't know anything about sunflower oil. I do know though that there is no magic pill or food that is a healthy way to lose weight. Sure the pounds come off but then you stop taking it and you gain everything back. My best advice is just to watch what you eat, and drink! I don't like to drink my calories, so instead of soda or juice, I drink water with cucumbers, lemon and mint. Bigger servings of fruits and veggies, a good amount if protein, some good carbs, and less junk food. I do treat myself once in awhile though.
livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:20 AM
4 moms liked this
Honestly, I don't believe a word Dr Oz says. He's always touting some "new cure" for obesity, heart disease, etc. No magic pill, herb, tincture, smoothie, blah blah blah is the answer.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Hmmmm...what is it that Suz calls him??  Oh, he is an endorsement whore...

Dr. Oz is a quack. He will endorse EVERYTHING! In other words- nothing he states works for weight loss is worth listening to....

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Dr. Oz says a lot of things....I don't listen to any of them.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:11 AM
3 moms liked this

If you are still looking for a "product" for weight loss, you aren't ready to be serious about it. That isn't at all meant to be rude, please don't take it that way, it's just the way it is. It's a journey. It's a lifestyle. It isn't something you take, it's something you live by, if that makes sense. No one product is going to help you lose weight. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. 

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Bahaha I was going to say the same thing!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Dr. Oz says a lot of things....I don't listen to any of them.

mama0106
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Ok Ladies! First let me say I do like Dr Oz fr many reasons my main reason is he doesn't make us try anything he suggest things that could be helpful in are journey to be healthy.
Now I will say this I have tried a few things he has mention and believe me it works two of the supplements he has mention have help me some much in my weight loss
#1 CLA-my favorite(but I was taking this way before he mention it,I was lead to this by a GNC associate
#2 Coffee Bean Extract-Works!
I have stop taking Coffee Bean Extract only becuz I'm where I what to be n weight loss and now I'm focusing on toning.
BUT let me say this ladies I work out at least 5 day a week and I eat 6 times a day small meals with healthy snacks and Lots of Green Tea !Amazing for weight loss and is so yummy
Bottom Line watch what U eat and workout and u will lose weight!
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Please consider doing some research regarding CLA.
I have been quite shocked by how supplements are tested between the sexes and how limited the warnings are.

Quoting mama0106: Ok Ladies! First let me say I do like Dr Oz fr many reasons my main reason is he doesn't make us try anything he suggest things that could be helpful in are journey to be healthy.

Now I will say this I have tried a few things he has mention and believe me it works two of the supplements he has mention have help me some much in my weight loss

#1 CLA-my favorite(but I was taking this way before he mention it,I was lead to this by a GNC associate

I have stop taking Coffee Bean Extract only becuz I'm where I what to be n weight loss and now I'm focusing on toning.

BUT let me say this ladies I work out at least 5 day a week and I eat 6 times a day small meals with healthy snacks and Lots of Green Tea !Amazing for weight loss and is so yummy

AtiFreeFalls
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Dr. Oz says all kinds of stupid shit lol.  Pardon my French.  I really think he is getting paid to endorse products, he drops brand names like they're hot.  I never watch his show, it is a complete waste of time.

mama0106
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Well do thank u

Quoting mybratsmom: Please consider doing some research regarding CLA.

I have been quite shocked by how supplements are tested between the sexes and how limited the warnings are.

Quoting mama0106: Ok Ladies! First let me say I do like Dr Oz fr many reasons my main reason is he doesn't make us try anything he suggest things that could be helpful in are journey to be healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)