Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Detox cleanse

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:06 PM
  • 5 Replies
Has anyone ever done a detox cleanse? I am having 2 teeth pulled this Thursday and won't be able to eat solid foods for a few days so I figured this would be a great opportunity to do a cleanse. Problem is I have never done one before and don't know much about how to do it. I've heard they are great way at eliminating toxins from the body. I'm also very picky about what fruits and veggies I like...meaning I so not like most of them....so I'm not sure it's even possible to do that type of cleanse. Idk.

Suggestions?
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I'm not a huge fan of detoxes or cleanses to be honest.  That's what our organs are for.  If you eat the right foods and drink enough water, your organs will do that for you.  Now, if you won't be able to chew food for a few days, you can definitely drink smoothies and add some greek yogurt for protein.  Make sure to add fruits and veggies and you'll be good to go.  Good luck!

katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Thanks. This is probably what I will do. I don't eat very well but I do drink nothing but water. I just feel blah all the time and bloated. I already work out 5 days a week without seeing a difference. It has to be what I am eating....which sucks because I can't change how and what I eat. I only say that because my grocery budget is tiny and I have to buy what everyone will eat, not just what I will eat. Kwim?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I'm not a huge fan of detoxes or cleanses to be honest.  That's what our organs are for.  If you eat the right foods and drink enough water, your organs will do that for you.  Now, if you won't be able to chew food for a few days, you can definitely drink smoothies and add some greek yogurt for protein.  Make sure to add fruits and veggies and you'll be good to go.  Good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

What do you eat?  Will your family eat fruits, veggies, and meat?  That's a good start and you can get those items for reasonable prices!

Quoting katiebug840204: Thanks. This is probably what I will do. I don't eat very well but I do drink nothing but water. I just feel blah all the time and bloated. I already work out 5 days a week without seeing a difference. It has to be what I am eating....which sucks because I can't change how and what I eat. I only say that because my grocery budget is tiny and I have to buy what everyone will eat, not just what I will eat. Kwim?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM
We don't eat boxed foods. We all like different veggies except salads. We all do like salads but I fix them a lot so we get burnt out on them. We all eat meats except fish or seafood. We all like different fruits. I usually stick to corn because we all eat it. I like green beans, lettuce, raw carrots, raw bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, celery and onion. Almost everyone in my house likes those same veggies. As far as fruits, I only like melons, apples and pineapples.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

What do you eat?  Will your family eat fruits, veggies, and meat?  That's a good start and you can get those items for reasonable prices!

Quoting katiebug840204: Thanks. This is probably what I will do. I don't eat very well but I do drink nothing but water. I just feel blah all the time and bloated. I already work out 5 days a week without seeing a difference. It has to be what I am eating....which sucks because I can't change how and what I eat. I only say that because my grocery budget is tiny and I have to buy what everyone will eat, not just what I will eat. Kwim?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Corn. It's like eating cotton - no nutritional value. I've spent the past year eliminating it from my family's diet unless it's popcorn or cornmeal for baking.
Do you have netflix? Consider watching fat, sick and nearly dead. He juiced various fruits and veggies and healed his body from a list of issues. Other people have experienced similar health gains. I've taken his idea but blend (I fell like juicing is wasteful to my budget). My favorite is mango, orange juice, cucumber, celery, ginger and carrots. I blend a lot of different things, depending on my moods and cravings. You get lots of nutrients, it's super portable, and all that fiber...well I'm sure it's self-explanatory. ;-)

Quoting katiebug840204: We don't eat boxed foods. We all like different veggies except salads. We all do like salads but I fix them a lot so we get burnt out on them. We all eat meats except fish or seafood. We all like different fruits. I usually stick to corn because we all eat it. I like green beans, lettuce, raw carrots, raw bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, celery and onion. Almost everyone in my house likes those same veggies. As far as fruits, I only like melons, apples and pineapples.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)