Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Hunger

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:46 PM
  • 24 Replies
How do u deal with it? I'm good during the day but then around 6 o'clock at night it's like I have a bottomless pit and could eat everything in site :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Happens to me too. I work night shift for the last 5 years and my body has gotten used to having meals in the middle of the night. Fine when I'm working, not so great when I'm off. Are you eating enough during the day?
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this

What kinds of foods are you eating during the day?  Each time you eat, make sure you're eating protein and/or fiber...those will make you full and keep you going throughout the day.  Good luck!

RaLeighsMommy11
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:37 AM
I usually have either Greek yogurt and fruit for breakfast or 2 egg whites on a piece of toast. Usually don't have time for a snack with the kids and then lunch I usually eat tuna or chicken and a pretty big salad or a turkey sandwhich and rice cake. Then for snack I eat a rice cake then around 6 I am starving. Maybe I'm not eating enough during the day because I am nursing my 10 month old also. I usually have about 900 calories left for dinner to eat and I always seem to eat way more cause I'm so hungry haha. Maybe I should add in more during the day

Quoting darbyakeep45:

What kinds of foods are you eating during the day?  Each time you eat, make sure you're eating protein and/or fiber...those will make you full and keep you going throughout the day.  Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Oh wow I can see how that would mess you up. I thought I was eating enough but I'm also nursing my 10 month old so I may not be. He nurses every hour during the day though and you would think id be more hungry then but by nighttime he eats supper with us so he only nurses about once or twice from 5-8. I may need to add more to what I eat during the day I put what I usually eat above

Quoting livndaybyday: Happens to me too. I work night shift for the last 5 years and my body has gotten used to having meals in the middle of the night. Fine when I'm working, not so great when I'm off. Are you eating enough during the day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I struggle with this

Mychele
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:53 AM
I think my fat panics and sends hunger pains to my stomach. After enough nagging, I give in and eat. :-/
Mommie_2_Boys
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM
I drink a lot of water whenever I'm hungry because it's almost always me being bored
RaLeighsMommy11
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:44 PM
I do to :(

Quoting Mychele: I think my fat panics and sends hunger pains to my stomach. After enough nagging, I give in and eat. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:44 PM
It probably is because I'm bored cause it's mainly after kids are in bed lol

Quoting Mychele: I think my fat panics and sends hunger pains to my stomach. After enough nagging, I give in and eat. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM
I actually have anxiety. I'll try to distract myself or tell myself no and it just makes me anxious. Like I have to have something more to eat. I can eat a healthy clean dinner and an hour later I'm starving like I never ate. It's my fat panicking.

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11: It probably is because I'm bored cause it's mainly after kids are in bed lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)