Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What can I say? I don't agree with it.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:59 AM
  • 41 Replies
I really don't care what adult human beings do with their lives as long as it doesn't affect me or my loved ones. Sadly there are people out in the world that don't know how to act when high after smoking marihuana, which is why I don't agree for it to be legalized.. I don't want pot heads around my kids or near me.. It's already legal in Colorado and I'm pretty sure by the time my children are 18 it will be legal everywhere else. I know That my kids will encounter people that smoke it during their lifetime.. ..they will have friends that smoke it... Maybe... they will be offered to smoke it in their lifetime.. I know... But I trust that my education to them about it will make them say no to it.
It's looking like I will be moving to a foreign country in the near future and yes I know that Even in a foreign country there are pot heads.

* big Sigh*
Feeling hopeless*
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:47 AM
5 moms liked this
May not be the correct forum for a debate, but I'll take the bait. What is your problem with marijuana? How do you feel about alcohol? Do you realize how many hundreds of thousands of people are imprisoned on a yearly basis for possession of a completely harmless drug? Do you also realize how much taxable revenue Colorado made in one week after legalization? $5 million. In 7 days. Do you also realize that if marijuana were legalized and regulated, there would be FAR less violence surrounding the sale of the plant, if any at all? Also that it would be more difficult for young children to buy it, because it will be regulated?

I guarantee more people than you even realize smoke marijuana and they are productive and responsible members of society.

Also, many other countries have WAY less strict laws about marijuana than we do here in the states.
momlovestorun
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you'd be very surprised at the amount of people who smoke it. I think it should be legal everywhere. I don't think it's a big deal. (And no, I don't use it.)
Pooobaihr
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't smoke it.

I know people that do.

I'd rather be around those folks than people who can't control their liquor intake.

AromaDrops33
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this
I live in Colorado, born and raised and I did not vote for it. In fact, I'm pretty disappointed in our state. Walking the 16th street mall in Denver isn't the same anymore, all you smell is pot. My 5 year old has asked us what the smell was.

If you want to smoke it, do it in the privacy of your home, not in public
Mychele
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't smoke it. Hate the smell of it. I'm not exactly for it. Used to be dead set against it. However I've read some articles of its medicinal use in cancer patients. That's right, cancer. If this cures cancer, I'm on board for medical use. Not widely openly used but in a medical setting.
angelachristine
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Get over it. It's no worse than alcohol which actually is legal everywhere. I don't do it but honestly alkies are much worse and more dangerous than pot heads.
angelachristine
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM
When was the last time you heard of someone high on mj going into a murderous rage and killing people? When was the last time you heard of a drunk doing so?
Mychele
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:31 PM
4 moms liked this
Why are the pot smokers always using alcohol as a means to justify pot ? Forget alcohol. Stick to the topic.
KPJ
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:34 PM
If you read my post again I mentioned the reason why I disagree with it being legal is because:Sadly there are people out in the world that don't know how to act when high after smoking marihuana.
The ones that can be productive in this society and behave accordingly go ahead smoke it up, do whatever the heck you want... NOT MY PROBLEM til the person start acting like a total idiot and if it starts messing with my family then hell brakes loose.. And as the matter of fact I believe that alcohol should be illegal too... But that's just my opinion.

Quoting Wheepingchree: May not be the correct forum for a debate, but I'll take the bait. What is your problem with marijuana? How do you feel about alcohol? Do you realize how many hundreds of thousands of people are imprisoned on a yearly basis for possession of a completely harmless drug? Do you also realize how much taxable revenue Colorado made in one week after legalization? $5 million. In 7 days. Do you also realize that if marijuana were legalized and regulated, there would be FAR less violence surrounding the sale of the plant, if any at all? Also that it would be more difficult for young children to buy it, because it will be regulated?

I guarantee more people than you even realize smoke marijuana and they are productive and responsible members of society.

Also, many other countries have WAY less strict laws about marijuana than we do here in the states.
KPJ
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:35 PM
as the matter of fact I believe that alcohol should be illegal too... But that's just my opinion.

Quoting angelachristine: Get over it. It's no worse than alcohol which actually is legal everywhere. I don't do it but honestly alkies are much worse and more dangerous than pot heads.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN