Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge Day 11: Trim That Tummy!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:34 AM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

Welcome to Day 11 of the New Year, New You Weight Loss Challegne!

One of the most common questions in weight loss, is how to get rid of the belly fat. 
The answer is simple. You get rid of belly fat through a clean diet and exercise.

The one thing to understand is that not all body fat is the same. Meaning that where you carry fat matters.
If you carry weight around your abdomen, the health risks are greater than carrying weight in the hips and thighs area.
Belly fat is stored deep under the surface and surrounds the liver and abdominal organs. This stored fat is linked to a higer risk of diabetes and insulin resistance.

The best way to avoid dangerous fat around the belly is to cut out or cut back on food and drinks containing calories from fructose such as energy drinks, sodas, sports drinks and coffee drinks.

Sugary processed foods like doughnuts, cereal, candy and muffins also fall into that catergory.
Cutting out sugary food and drinks will lead to a slimmer waistline and healthier you. 

If you are craving something sweet, reach for a piece of fruit instead. 

Lightly flavoring your water with fresh fruits and herbs is a great way to quench your thirst without all the added calories and fructose.

Do you keep fresh fruit on hand?

How do you combat your 'sweet tooth' cravings?

What do you do to 'trim' your tummy?

happy new yearOne member who signs up for our New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up for the New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card and Bonus Prizes Too!

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Fruit goes pretty quickly in our house! I usually don't crave sweet though, it's mostly salty things that are my downfall.
la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:06 AM

We always have fresh fruit on hand. I curb sweet tooth cravings by eating yogurt, fruit or drinking hot tea. I trim my stomach by eating healthy, doing cardio and doing ab exercises.

cindy3511
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:07 AM
I am just now doing this. Its gonna be a challenge for me to cut ot sodas as I have caffeine withdraws and major migraines without the caffeine. I am trying to cut back to just one or two cans a day but have switched to sweetened tea. I try to keep frresh fruit but it's so expensive for me to buy but being depressed doesn't help me out any
Cindy Lambert
Avon Ind Sales Rep
www.youravon.com/clambert0876
othermom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Yes we keep fresh fruit on hand. I struggle with my sweet tooth

Janet
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I do carry my weight around my tummy. I do have fruit around. I also drink coffee flavored with coconut milk and stevia and sometimes that helps.

Janet
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Chewing gum can help too.

northernmommy
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:11 AM
I try to keep fruit in the house. I've given up my Thursday donuts (that one was hard) cut out pop and quit putting sugar in my coffee cause my creamer has a little already in it. I will still pick real sugar over fake stuff though when necessary. I do have a stash of dove chocolates in the freezer that I use as rewards, as long as I allow myself a little treat every once in a while I don't completely lose it and scarf down the sweets
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:15 AM
I eat fresh fruits.
When I want something extra sweet, yogurt does it for me!
I am not into sodas or sugar processed food, so no problem there.
I do Zumba, twice a week which includes working on our tummy...lol
AspensMama1537
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:18 AM
We always have fresh fruit on hand and we don't have processed foods around. Unfortunately I still get the occasional Starbucks coffee.
eevers55
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:21 AM

We always have some sort of fresh fruit at home. Right now it's blueberries
As for my sweet cravings, I keep a dark chocolate bar in the fridge and break off a bit when I get the urge. The currnet one has been in there for like 5 months lol
Not really a sweets person

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)