Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Juicing

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:11 AM
  • 13 Replies
I'm 14 weeks and 5 days pregnant I'm 5'9 222 my doctor say I may gain 18 to 20 lbs which I don't want to. Looks like am gaining 2lbs a month is that bad? I know she doesn't want me to gain so much weight. I don't eat junk food and I don't eat fast foods. I cut back on working out because I get really bad back pain. So I'm think I could juice will that help with my weight?
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
First_One_8_18
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:18 AM

It depends on what you're juicing. Being pregnant, you should NOT be replacing main meals with just juice. Your body needs far more than that. You should be eating 5+times a day, all small meals with lots of protein and fiber. 

If you just juice high sugar fruits, that's not going to do you much good. 

Keda84
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:21 AM
I won't be replacing main meals just as a snack.

Quoting First_One_8_18:

It depends on what you're juicing. Being pregnant, you should NOT be replacing main meals with just juice. Your body needs far more than that. You should be eating 5+times a day, all small meals with lots of protein and fiber. 

If you just juice high sugar fruits, that's not going to do you much good. 

Keda84
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:21 AM
I'll be juicing vegetables
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:24 AM
You have the rest of your life to worry about your weight and how you can take care of it better.

Right now, it is not all about you.
Eating the right amount of proteins, vitamins from the food you eat, is very important for the fully healthy baby growth.
Please, keep on eating healthy but do not plan juicing as a source of keeping off your way, while expecting!
First_One_8_18
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Then veggies will definitely be beneficial, especially ones rich in folic acid! I think it's a great idea :)
aprilsalcro
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Couldn't say it better.

Quoting Monsita: You have the rest of your life to worry about your weight and how you can take care of it better.

Eating the right amount of proteins, vitamins from the food you eat, is very important for the fully healthy baby growth.

Please, keep on eating healthy but do not plan juicing as a source of keeping off your way, while expecting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keda84
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM
I eat enough protein, vegetables and fruits and was doing it before I got pregnant. I wasn't going to replace meals with juicing just as a snack.

Quoting Monsita: You have the rest of your life to worry about your weight and how you can take care of it better.

Pooobaihr
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I just had a baby in July and I actually lost weight while pregnant. I didn't gain more than 5lbs my entire pregnancy.  I jogged up until I was 5 1/2 months and stopped because my baby was so far down my pevlis they couldn't see his face.  I then started to walk everyday.  I had no choice really, but anways, I did this all the way up until I had my kid, who was perfectly healthy and was 6lbs 3oz at birth.  I say all this to let you know, that it is ok to keep doing everything you've been doing unless advised otherwise by your doctor.  You stopped working out because of your back pain, try walking. Juicing is also good. :D

Keda84
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Thanks

Quoting Pooobaihr:

I just had a baby in July and I actually lost weight while pregnant. I didn't gain more than 5lbs my entire pregnancy.  I jogged up until I was 5 1/2 months and stopped because my baby was so far down my pevlis they couldn't see his face.  I then started to walk everyday.  I had no choice really, but anways, I did this all the way up until I had my kid, who was perfectly healthy and was 6lbs 3oz at birth.  I say all this to let you know, that it is ok to keep doing everything you've been doing unless advised otherwise by your doctor.  You stopped working out because of your back pain, try walking. Juicing is also good. :D

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:02 PM
If juicing is part of a healthy snack, then you will be helping you and your baby as well.

So nice to know that you are searching for best choices for both of you!

Quoting Keda84: I eat enough protein, vegetables and fruits and was doing it before I got pregnant. I wasn't going to replace meals with juicing just as a snack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN