Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What's your main concern with your weight loss?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:10 AM
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this

Are you on a journey just to look good or are you worried about your health as well? 

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raindancerx
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:48 AM

I am doing this for my health. I have always had bad knees and since putting on this weight that has made them a lot worse and some days I can hardly walk because of how bad my knees are. I have actually had them swell twice their size before and it is just not good.. Plus I have bad kidneys and they expect me to need a transplant by 30-40 though they say if I stay on this path it will definitely be 30 at this rate and I won't be able to get a transplant because of my weight. Also being able to go up the stairs without pretty much dying would be nice and being able to chase my child around the yard for more than 15 minutes at a time would be awesome too.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:43 AM

My health:)

crabbyD
by Diana on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this
It may be vain but I honestly want to look good then comes the health aspect... I guess you can say it comes hand in hand. I'm looking better and feeling better. I also want to encourage a healthy lifestyle with my boys...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I want to be stronger and feel better and also look good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
A little of both. I want to look good because when I do I have better self esteem (I've had body/esteem issues my whole life). But I also want to feel better, avoid diabetes and heart disease that is rampant in my family, and be a healthy role model for my kids. I don't want them to have the same body hate as I did/do.
katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Both in the long run. But right now I'm pretty healthy so my biggest concern is how I look.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Health is my major concern.  The weight loss/looking good is a side benefit.

MamatoKy
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Journey. Plus my health.  And extra skin. I'm come to the conclusion I like working out. But I could do it for hours it seems. And I dont want to loose weight to fast. =( So far I've only lost about 15lbs (give or take)

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 9:12 AM
I want my daughter to learn proper nutrition and not have to go through the same battles as me.

My initial goal was to become drool worthy arm candy for DH , but I'm finding that the more I workout and eat real food the more energy I have to get things done!

So I want to feel strong, energetic and beautiful on the inside and out. I would be lying if I didn't say I was sick of how I looked when I started this journey, but I'm finding that days I slip up I feel worse, lethargic and blah. So that is my continued Motivation to sustain change
AmyLynn5398
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Both...I have had high cholesterol since I was tested as a teenager, genetically predispositioned.  Since I have increased my good fats and started exercising regularly I have lowered it significantly.  On my dad's side there is a lot of heart issues so I do want to prevent as much as I can now.  I also want to look good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)