Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Ankle weights

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM
  • 14 Replies
Do any of you use them? How many pounds do you use and what types of exercises do you use them with? How soon did you/are you seeing results?
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FrauPineapple
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:36 AM

I don't personally use them but I know that they are great. I work in PT and we have people use them all the time! Good exercises with ankle weights include anything from walking, leg lifts, high knees hamstring curls, and even heel raises. Also, those are just standing. You could also do thing while laying down or on all fours. Donkey kicks, fire hydrants, etc. 

MOM2DMSD
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I just bought 5lb. ankle weights. I run on the treadmill with mine on and I also do squats and lunges and I also keep them on while I'm on the elliptical. When they come off, I feel like I'm walking on air. I love them!
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Unless you have progressed to the most advanced level of whatever program you are doing, do not add ankle weights. Even if it calls for them. You'll quickly regret it.
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I have them I use them in my bbl work outs. I can add or take out weight and I think they go from 1 pound to five maybe I'm not sure
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Nope.  I don't use them.  Good luck though!

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:15 AM
I don't think it's good on the joints? But I'm not 100% sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:17 AM
I wear mine about two weeks before a run - this way when I do the competitive run I feel like I'm a gazelle gliding over the course (insert angelic music). ;-)

Quoting MOM2DMSD: I just bought 5lb. ankle weights. I run on the treadmill with mine on and I also do squats and lunges and I also keep them on while I'm on the elliptical. When they come off, I feel like I'm walking on air. I love them!
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Can you share where you got them?? I'd be interested in a pair that went to 15 or 20 if possible...

Quoting KelliansMom: I have them I use them in my bbl work outs. I can add or take out weight and I think they go from 1 pound to five maybe I'm not sure
blueeyedpixie
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

whenever I hear ankle weights I think of this lady. hahaha
I've never used them;)
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Target

Quoting mybratsmom: Can you share where you got them?? I'd be interested in a pair that went to 15 or 20 if possible...

Quoting KelliansMom: I have them I use them in my bbl work outs. I can add or take out weight and I think they go from 1 pound to five maybe I'm not sure
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN