Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What do you put in your smoothies?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:45 AM
  • 9 Replies

If you drink smoothies, what do you put in them?  My son has recently started drinking smoothies...which is HUGE for him as he's primarily fed through a feeding tube...and I've come to like them too!  What do you put in yours?  I need some ideas:)  Thanks!

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Runner36
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:57 AM

I just buy the yoplait smoothies in the freezer section and add milk.  I know...not very creative...but they taste good!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:02 AM

D- I bought a nutribullet. I don't know if Mr. B could drink them as they are not completely smooth, but you and Jeff might like it. 

This morning: spinach, broccoli, carrots, frozen cherries, almonds, banana, and frozen peaches...201 calories...

Heath's was: spinach, broccoli, carrots, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, banana and almonds..242 calories

Lilly: spinach, almonds,  peaches, blueberries,  and banana

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM
It varies, but yesterday I did frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, a handful of spinach, a banana, about 1/3 cup almond meal (leftover pulp from when I made almond milk), and orange juice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schm0025
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM

we do oatmeal, peanut butter (we use pb2) a banana and some baking cocoa. With ice and milk. I make these at night when i am craving a bowl of ice cream... the oatmeal helps keep me full.

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I like mine with frozen berries and a banana, plus some honey and water. Or if I'm in a mango mood, I literally blend a ton of frozen mango, some water, and a teaspoon of sugar. If I'm looking for a protein boost, I'll add in a scoop of protein powder to my berry and banana smoothie. Sometimes I'll add almond milk, but that's kinda rare for me. I like to keep my smoothies as fruity as possible. Oh! I also add baby spinach leaves if I need an iron boost.

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Frozen berries, banana and mango are my favorite. I try to use almond milk and try to add kale and spinach when possible. This morning I did Berry banana.

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM

If you use pinterest you could look on there for smoothie ideas, I found a LOT on there

momlovestorun
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Currently I'm using Greenberry Shakeology, strawberries, water and ice. (to add calories in for breakfast since I'm really bad about eating breakfast. 

When I make them for the kids I use yogurt, berries, bananas, spinach or kale, really whatever we have laying around. They love them!

judesmama09
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

yuppers!! thats where i get all my ideas from!! i love pinterest!!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

If you use pinterest you could look on there for smoothie ideas, I found a LOT on there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN