Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Aaarrrgghh--HELP!!!! Just started WW and starving.....

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM
  • 48 Replies

I would really like to lose 25-30 lbs this year. I just started Weight Watchers Online and I'm finding it really hard to stay within my points total for the day.  I'm already getting tired of feeling hungry.  Anybody have any encouragement or helpful tips to help me have things to eat yet not exceed my points???  Part of the problem is I don't know what to eat.  I don't want to eat foods with artificial sweeteners in them because I don't think they are good for your body.

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TB78
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Are you doing this online or in person? Could you switch from the points plan to their new simple plan?
quietmomma
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:36 AM

To be honest, I feel like their online program/website is not very user friendly and a bit confusing.  I wish there were more printables and helpful ideas.

Quoting TB78: Are you doing this online or in person? Could you switch from the points plan to their new simple plan?

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:39 AM
5 moms liked this

The problem is that WW is a diet. You'll lose weight if you follow their program, but they're not teaching you how to eat in a way that you'll be able to sustain for the rest of your life. I have a friend who does WW and she loses a ton of weight. Then she stops, and gains back 15 or 20 lbs in a few months. My advice? Stop the weight watchers, eat plenty of fruits, veggies, protein, and whole grains, make sure your portion sizes aren't massive, and you'll be able to do that for the rest of your life. Moderation is the key to long term healthy living.

quietmomma
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I actually totally agree with you.  I came to my senses and decided I no longer want to continue with the WW, but since I didn't cancel within the "24 cancellation window" I cannot get my money back. :(  Makes me mad.  So I might as well try to at least use it as a guideline for now.  My main problem is sweets--I feel like I'm totally missing something if I don't have something sweet or creamy or chocolatey during the day.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

The problem is that WW is a diet. You'll lose weight if you follow their program, but they're not teaching you how to eat in a way that you'll be able to sustain for the rest of your life. I have a friend who does WW and she loses a ton of weight. Then she stops, and gains back 15 or 20 lbs in a few months. My advice? Stop the weight watchers, eat plenty of fruits, veggies, protein, and whole grains, make sure your portion sizes aren't massive, and you'll be able to do that for the rest of your life. Moderation is the key to long term healthy living.

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:49 AM
This was my problem with WW. Isn't fruit still free?

Quoting rockinmomto2:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM
4 moms liked this

I agree.  WW is a business....they're out to make money, not teach you how to eat better and make it permanent.  They WANT you to keep paying their fees for their programs.

Stick to non-processed whole foods to base your meals around.  Veggies, lean meats, fruits...

Think outside the box.  Have a salad for breakfast -from allrecipes.com

Spinach, Bacon, and Mushroom Salad

recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: Dana
Photo By: naples34102
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 25 Minutes
Servings: 6
"Fresh spinach and mushrooms are tossed with hard-cooked eggs and bacon in this salad."
Ingredients:
4 slices bacon
12 ounces fresh spinach leaves, torn
3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 cup croutons
4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
3/4 cup ranch salad dressing (such as
Hidden Valley® Original Ranch®)
Directions:
1. Fry the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate; crumble once cool enough to handle.
2. Toss crumbled bacon, spinach, and mushrooms together in a salad bowl; top with croutons and eggs. Season the salad with black pepper and drizzle with ranch dressing.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
So have something sweet! Have a cookie...but just have one. Not a whole box or something :)

If you deny yourself completely before you've gotten used to not eating that stuff, you'll binge. It will be all you think about. Believe me, I've been there. But when I realized that one cookie in a day wasn't going to throw me off, I was way more successful at my weight loss!

Quoting quietmomma:

I actually totally agree with you.  I came to my senses and decided I no longer want to continue with the WW, but since I didn't cancel within the "24 cancellation window" I cannot get my money back. :(  Makes me mad.  So I might as well try to at least use it as a guideline for now.  My main problem is sweets--I feel like I'm totally missing something if I don't have something sweet or creamy or chocolatey during the day.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srehman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I do a lot of cheat sheet sweets. For brownies, I make black bean brownies. For a candy bar I have a handful or less of semi sweet chocolate morsels. For a real cheat treat I do graham crackers with whipped cream in the middle of them. Like a nice cream sand which but with the cracker and whipped cream. Another favorite is ricotta cheese with a few semi sweet chocolate morsels a drop or two of vanilla extract and ( you can leave out if you want) Splenda (1 packet or 1/2 tsp)
There are lots of ways to modify those cravings. Good luck momma!
TB78
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Just don't forget to cancel your subscription and if you want something sweet or crave something sweet, then you can have it just have one serving of it.

Quoting quietmomma:

Quoting rockinmomto2:

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

The hardest thing to learn with losing weight is moderation. So have one or two, then save the rest for another day. You need to listen to your body. When I'm STARVING, there's a reason. For me, I'm usually not eating enough protein and whole grains. Also, make sure to have plenty of healthy snacks. That's another one of my problems...I wait to eat until I'm HUNGRY, and I don't want to take another 15 or 20 minutes to make myself a real meal, so I eat something out of the pantry. It's a terrible cycle that I'm trying to break. But you can do it!

Quoting quietmomma:

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN