Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Weight loss surgery?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 11:22 PM
  • 14 Replies
Anyone have it done? I'm kind of contemplating getting some sort of weight loss surgery but I just don't know yet
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:46 AM
Why are you contemplating it? How long have you been trying to loose weight? What have you tried?

Routine or not, anymore, you're talking about drastically altering your body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Rachel and have the same questions she does.  

etsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this

There are a lot of loop holes to jump through before you can get that surgery. You can't just go and get it. It is also better for your body if you lead yourself into weight loss than just taking surgery route. 

prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Quoting beadingmom17: Why are you contemplating it? How long have you been trying to loose weight? What have you tried?

I'm over 300 lbs. I have been trying to lose weight since middle school. I can't lose the weight and don't want to be any heavier. I know it's a drastic measure to take.

prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Quoting etsmom:

There are a lot of loop holes to jump through before you can get that surgery. You can't just go and get it. It is also better for your body if you lead yourself into weight loss than just taking surgery route. 

I know that I can't just go and get it done, I know that there are a lot of loop holes to jump through.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Have you been tested for medical conditions that could be making it hard to lose the weight? Like thyroid issues, polycystic ovarian syndrome, etc?

Quoting prego_jessi:
Quoting beadingmom17: Why are you contemplating it? How long have you been trying to loose weight? What have you tried?

I'm over 300 lbs. I have been trying to lose weight since middle school. I can't lose the weight and don't want to be any heavier. I know it's a drastic measure to take.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Quoting beadingmom17: Have you been tested for medical conditions that could be making it hard to lose the weight? Like thyroid issues, polycystic ovarian syndrome, etc?

Quoting prego_jessi:

Yes, I have an under active thyroid and insulin resistance
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:57 PM
I'm insulin resistant, too. Fun stuff, eh? Are you on metformin?

Quoting prego_jessi:
Quoting beadingmom17: Have you been tested for medical conditions that could be making it hard to lose the weight? Like thyroid issues, polycystic ovarian syndrome, etc?

Quoting prego_jessi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Quoting beadingmom17: I'm insulin resistant, too. Fun stuff, eh? Are you on metformin?

Quoting prego_jessi:

Quoting prego_jessi:

Yep, on metformin. Fun getting blood test every 3 months till they get dosage right on everything
IfTheTiaraFits
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM
It's not some thing I could do. At my heaviest I was 479 pounds. I also have Hypothyroidism. It's a lot of work and I have to exercise more than most for the same results, but it's been so worth it for me to know that I've made these changes. And having to work so hard to get here has helped make it a lifestyle change and not just some diet of the week. I started my journey on 2/13/13. Today I weight 323 pounds. I hope to be under 299 by our trip to New Orleans the third week of March!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN