Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Excess skin from pregnancy - HELP

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 2:34 AM
  • 10 Replies

I'm wanting to know what are some of the best ways to "fix" the excess skin on my belly from my pregnancy. My son is now two, and back after I had him, my doctor basically told me that all of the situps in the world won't get rid of the skin. I actually find losing weight has only made the appearance worse. So, without a tummytuck, is there anything else that I can do to improve the appearance? Don't get me wrong, it is 10x better than it was right after labor,  but it's not where I would like it to be. Advice? :)

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:15 AM

Welcome!  Nope...nothing  you can really do about excess skin other than surgery.  At least I don't think so.  

CrossStitchMum
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:23 AM
I have this same problem except I haven't lost the weight :( my skin never went back, it just hung down and is my biggest shame
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Sorry, nothing with fix excess skin, your only option is a tummy tuck.

lebeautydiaries
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:33 PM

And this is exactly what I was afraid of :( I know there's some body wraps out there that take out the water weight and improve the appearance, but I didn't know if this was the only option other than surgery. Oh well! :(

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:25 PM

I'm saving up for my tummy tuck. 

cocoroo
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:50 PM

The wraps are only temporary.

Quoting lebeautydiaries:

And this is exactly what I was afraid of :( I know there's some body wraps out there that take out the water weight and improve the appearance, but I didn't know if this was the only option other than surgery. Oh well! :(

IfTheTiaraFits
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM
My doctor told me to stay very hydrated during workouts and that should help some. But I know that once I've hit my goal weight, I'll have to have surgery to remove excess skin. It sucks, lol.
amberlynn1218
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Aw, everyone's bodies after different. My sister does not even look like she ever carried a baby and her stomach went back to being as flat as can be. Me, I have always been on the curvier side and since I started losing weight I definitely have excess skin on my lower belly but it has started to go down. 

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:03 AM

It works wraps help tighten skin and reduce stretch marks. Isome people say they lose inches, but honestly the skin tightening is mainly what it does.

charmgirl
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm wondering about this too? Does toning or strength training help at all? I know loading weight before....my boobs looked deflated :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN