Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

hand weights???

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:05 PM
  • 7 Replies
So I got a set of 5 lb. Hand weights. Not much, but I'm just looking to tone uo, especially my abs and legs.

Will hand weights do much to enhance my workout? Any suggestions for good excercises?
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
offrdngal
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Jillian Michaels has good workouts. 30 Day Shred; Ripped in 30; Extreme Shed & Shred. She has quite a few!

rfhsure
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Any that are free?

Quoting offrdngal: Jillian Michaels has good workouts. 30 Day Shred; Ripped in 30; Extreme Shed & Shred. She has quite a few!

offrdngal
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:40 AM
I think there are some of her workouts online.
Quoting rfhsure: Any that are free?

Quoting offrdngal: Jillian Michaels has good workouts. 30 Day Shred; Ripped in 30; Extreme Shed & Shred. She has quite a few!

Hi_Rae
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 5:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Level 1 of the 30 day shred, and ripped on 30 are on YouTube. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones (the entire video) are also on YouTube. I think there is others as well but those I am positive of

Quoting offrdngal: I think there are some of her workouts online.

Quoting rfhsure: Any that are free?

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 1, 2014 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, they might work for a short period of time...however, if you really want to see some changes, you need to be lifting heavier weights. When I pull weights at the gym, I'm pulling 50-75 lbs at a time...I have hand weights at home- 3, 5,8, 10, 12, 25. I do dead lifts with the 25s in each hand, bicep curls using the 12s, triceps I use the 8-12s...I don't really use the 3s and 5s anymore. 

Oh, and abs are made in the kitchen. If you want to see real change in your mid-section- eat very very cleanly in addition to cardio, strength and flexibility training. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Claire has the right advice...good luck!

proudmomof2653
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

if you have comcast they have a lot of workout videos on demand in the sports and fitness section

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)