Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What time do you usually eat dinner?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:21 PM
  • 14 Replies
Do you have anything sweet after dinner? Do you snack right before bed? I am watching my weight and having a hard time dealing with going to bed hungry.
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schm0025
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:51 PM

i try to eat dinner between 6 and 7. I usually do pretty good not eating anyting after dinner. I do go to bed around 9-930, so thier isn't much time. If i start to crave something sweet, i have yougurt or fruit. I also have a few chocolate chips on hand if needed, but i had to work up to being able to just have them haning around the house.

cbhs_teacher
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Dinner is between 5 and 6. I make dessert, but I usually pass on it and DH and DS have some. I usually don't snack after dinner just because I know for me, that will lead to an uncontrollable binge so I drink plenty of water after dinner.

cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:25 PM
My schedule is way too messed up to have any consistency. I usually don't eat after 4am and no sweets at all. On my days off I try not to eat within 2-3 hours of going to bed.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I've cut out dessert, except on special occasions. I generally don't eat anything after 7pm.

flowrsgalore
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:06 PM

We usually eat dinner around 5:30 -6:00. If it's not a really filling dinner, then I wind up hungry & looking for dessert. Sometimes it's just a mind game & a matter of will power, that I just have to tough out & just drink my herbal tea & call it good. Other times I can't resist the ice cream & I just go ahead & have a small dish of it :-/

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Breakfast 8... Post morning cardio snack 11... Meals at 2, 5, 8 , and whenever I get home from the gym

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:47 PM

We eat 6 - 7 ish, no dessert, and I have a bedtime snack or else I wake up (or not, heaven forbid) with low blood sugar.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2014 at 6:02 AM

We eat dinner between 5-6 and I don't eat anything after 7:00.

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Up until this past month DH worked overnights so I pushed dinner back until 5:30/:45 so he coudld eat and be in the shower by 6:15.  Now that he is thankfully back on the day side, he doesn't get home until 8:30 or 9pm so I eat with DD.   She is so hungry after daycare so we try to eat by 4:45/5:00 then we play until 7, then it's bath and bedtime.  Then I will reheat a little bit of supper and eat a little more with DH when he gets home. (I eat two 1/2 servings).  Days that DH doesn't work we still eat at 5, but we will have a snack like peanut butter on a frozen banana, or a bowl of carrots, etc around 9pm.  I don't look at the clock, just eat when I'm hungry. 

proudmomof2653
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I just brought some almonds and fruit for after dinner snacks so that way i stay on track and we eat at 6:00pm every night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)