Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need inspiration to lose weight

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:44 AM
  • 8 Replies

Well I'm 26 and weight about 182. I had five kids back to back. Before kids I was about 115-117 and with my first born I had gotten pre-eclampsia, gained a lot of weight, and didnt lose it before getting pregnant again. I hate my body now. I am exclusively breastfeeding, I just want to lose weight and be happy again. I want to be sexy for my hubby again, not self concious and feeling insecure when I feel like hes looking at other chicks. I know it will be a long difficult road and I need to make myself just do it! I would like to get an exercise machine but I dont know if a treadmill or eliptical is better. What do you recommend? For moms who have lost a lot of weight what types of things did you eat and what kind of workouts did you do? If anybody who had or has a hanging pooch could show some before and after pictures of improvement that would be awesome... that is the place im most worried about :( Thanks in advance mommies. Please dont bash me im trying to make a better healthier happier me!

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Welcome to the group!  No bashing in here...we are a supportive group.

I'd first look at your diet...what are you eating?  Fruits, veggies, lean protein, whole grains....little to no processed food and LOTS of water should be the bulk of your diet.  Weight loss is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.  You can't out exercise a poor diet.  So, I'd look at what you're eating first.  You can do this mama!

Do you know your BMR?  You want to make sure you're eating enough to support your milk supply as well.

Ilovemybbgrl
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!  No bashing in here...we are a supportive group.

I'd first look at your diet...what are you eating?  Fruits, veggies, lean protein, whole grains....little to no processed food and LOTS of water should be the bulk of your diet.  Weight loss is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.  You can't out exercise a poor diet.  So, I'd look at what you're eating first.  You can do this mama!

Do you know your BMR?  You want to make sure you're eating enough to support your milk supply as well.

youllneverknow
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I weighed a lot more than you do even now, but I'm down almost 50 lbs and my pooch is slowly but surely disappearing. I still look like I have one but if I have a little pooch I consider that acceptable lol I still want to lose another 58 lbs
Megan214
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Eat healthy. Don't starve yourself or try a diet that you can't maintain. :) Lots of water! I use the elliptical machine at the gym. I was jogging on the treadmill but the elliptical doesn't hurt my knees as bad. :) I also do Zumba.

I've lost over 100. I have 33 more to go before I hit my goal weight. My last baby was csection and I also have the dreaded flap. It has gone down a LOT but is still there. :/

You can do it!! Just make sure you're eating enough to support your breastfeeding. :)
mama_lively
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Quoting youllneverknow:

Mobile Photo

I weighed a lot more than you do even now, but I'm down almost 50 lbs and my pooch is slowly but surely disappearing. I still look like I have one but if I have a little pooch I consider that acceptable lol I still want to lose another 58 lbs

Awesome job! What av you done to lose it?
youllneverknow
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM
The first twenty pounds came off by counting calories. Making some healthy choices but mostly just eating the same things just less. The next twenty was making healthier choices and I started drinking at least half my body weight in oz per day of water. The last 7 I achieved by joining a gym and continuing my healthier eating habits=)

Quoting mama_lively:
Quoting youllneverknow:

Mobile Photo

Awesome job! What av you done to lose it?
MamaKelly45
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Hi There, I am on a weightloss journey myself.  After teaching fitness for years and then was on a total burnout, I gained weight.  I am wanting to lose about 30-40 now.  I am down 8 lbs since the 1st of Jan.  I am eating healthy and cut out the booze.  I also joined an app called Daily Burn and I love it.  I have a support group myself where we post daily workouts and such.  What kind of workouts do you like to do?

Ilovemybbgrl
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:42 PM

I really used to enjoy running. Not so sure anymore.

Quoting MamaKelly45:

Hi There, I am on a weightloss journey myself.  After teaching fitness for years and then was on a total burnout, I gained weight.  I am wanting to lose about 30-40 now.  I am down 8 lbs since the 1st of Jan.  I am eating healthy and cut out the booze.  I also joined an app called Daily Burn and I love it.  I have a support group myself where we post daily workouts and such.  What kind of workouts do you like to do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)