Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM
  • 0 Replies

Hi.  I am new to the group.  I am 40, 5'8" and just weighed in for our Biggest Loser competition at work and weighed. 269.6.  I am big boned, and I know some people say that, but EVERYONE thinks I weigh about 30-50 lbs less than I do.  :-)  So, my goal weight is actually about 165-175.  Still, that is about 100 lbs.  I need motivation.  I have always struggled with my weight.  My biggest downfall is that I am a binge eater, especially when sad, anxious, upset, depressed, happy, etc.  My DS was recently diagnosed with Autism, have had issues with kids getting into drugs which ended up with me not seeing 2 of my granddaughters for almost 2 years and another 4 of them I didn't see for 6 months.  I have since seen those 4 which helped immensely.  :-)  But I had gained over 20 pounds in a couple of months.  So, I am working on not binge eating and starting to do more exercise.  My Mom is/was morbidly obese and I remember being embarresed for her as a kid when other kids would make fun of her!  I never wanted to do that to my kids.  :-(  My oldest is nearly 21 and my other is 9.  I have 7 step sons ages 23 to 30.  I want to be around for them and my grand kids.  I want to be healthy for them, and for myself.  I know what I am doing wrong, but I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it.  How do I stop eating the junk when I am depressed???  I am so bad that when I quit buying the junk food so I don't even have it in my house, I will make crap up!  I took a block of cream cheese and some sweetened condensed milk and made a mock cheesecake thing one night and ate half of it!  Kept it in the fridge and ate a little each night.  I've made a cake mix and eaten the batter, I've done all kinds of crazy crap like that.  I have a real problem with food!  Any ideas would be awesome!  I really don't know where to start.  I really struggle to find the time and/or energy to exercise.  I have recently gotten on an anti-depressant which is helping immensely, but still hasn't given me the giddy-up to start exercising.  I am hoping this contest at work will give me some motivation.  Alot of people won't join because they have heard the nurse who oversees it will tell people other people's weights, or how much they lost, etc.  I don't care, I figure that might only motivate me more!  Ok, sorry for the LONGGGGG post! 

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)