Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What diets have you tried that have actually worked for you?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM
  • 17 Replies

have tried several diets and some I have liked and have been able to stick to while others are so weird and I could not even go through with it for a couple of days! So I was hoping you all would share what you have tried that has been successful for you! Thanks ladies in advance! 

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RunningMommaof2
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not really a diet, but weight watchers worked very well for me.
acrp2012
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Yeah I have heard that is really great! My mom and sister in law are doing it and they have had success so far! I am on the Dr.Oz two week rapid weight loss diet and I have had really good results so far! 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I've tried SlimFast, vegetarian, and the Makers Diet.  Didn't work.

Tried South Beach and saw great results until phase 2....then found Paleo/primal which is close to phase 1 of SBD but uses only real foods.  I have been following paleo/primal for 3 years now and have seen great results first in improved health, then I lost the weight.  I have no intention of changing.

acrp2012
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks so much for sharing that! I wish you all the best of luck! I love it when people are aware of their health and always work to make it better!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:55 PM

none.

only counting calories has worked for me. I still eat what I want (for the most part) just less of it and have traded out some really bad things for less bad things ;)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I eat clean...veggies and fruits take up the bulk of my diet, then I also add some lean protein and a few whole grains.  Little to no processed food.  I don't count calories or anything though.  Drink a lot of water too!

isa0330
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Here is what worked for me: NO sodas, portion control (use small plates), counting calories, less carbs and a lot of  water!!

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Weight Watchers, lost 25 pounds with them

lanceandhailey
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Simply eating right and healthy works best for me.

cbhs_teacher
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

clean eating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)