Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

MUD RUN on the BRAIN!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM
  • 18 Replies

So I'm looking up different Mud Runs.  I haven't done one yet.  I've done a few 5ks now and I want to up the difficulty and FUN!

Tips on whichs ones I should look for, training, anything?

My ultimate goal is weight loss and health but I want to have fun doing this!

jumping rope

by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Great idea!  Bump for others who have experience as I don't!

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I've been searching Pinterest for ideas and finding some great info-or I hope its great LOL 

momlovestorun
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I've done a 5k mud run. It was fun but the one did not very difficult. Mostly climbing under ropes in mud :)
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 16, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I was going to try one that isn't too far from my home thats smaller, this is their second year hosting one and see how it is before signing on for the Dirty Girl one later in the year just to see what its all about.

Quoting momlovestorun: I've done a 5k mud run. It was fun but the one did not very difficult. Mostly climbing under ropes in mud :)

cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Circuit training is great. Remember you're running a ways then you have an obstacle to complete. Run then strength run then strength. The obstacles require full body strength too.

We are signed up for a mud run in April. We are doing the 5k run which isn't timed. What sucks is a lot of people are just there to have fun and don't take the challenge in those groups so they get in the way. I'm not ready to actually compete yet though.
Then my 2 older kids are doing the 1mi mud run for kids.

Anyways these work great for me because I'm not a marathon runner. If I can stop for a second I can go again and I'm decently strong, so I like the obstacles. I get bored just running.
cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

That's me in the back. Lol
cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This one was hard. But fun.
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:39 AM

I am signing up for one hopefully next week but its not until May-Time to train!  My older two kiddos want to do the 1m so they are going to do that, too.

Quoting cntrdmom:

Mobile Photo

Circuit training is great. Remember you're running a ways then you have an obstacle to complete. Run then strength run then strength. The obstacles require full body strength too.

We are signed up for a mud run in April. We are doing the 5k run which isn't timed. What sucks is a lot of people are just there to have fun and don't take the challenge in those groups so they get in the way. I'm not ready to actually compete yet though.

Anyways these work great for me because I'm not a marathon runner. If I can stop for a second I can go again and I'm decently strong, so I like the obstacles. I get bored just running.

cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Just jump in and do one. Consider that your learning curve. After that you'll know what you want and what to look for. The bigger and more well known the better it will be. Browse through photos on their site because they usually keep most of the same obstacles.
My goal is to do the tough mudder. Look that up.

Quoting Vertical15:

I am signing up for one hopefully next week but its not until May-Time to train!  My older two kiddos want to do the 1m so they are going to do that, too.

Quoting cntrdmom:

Mobile Photo

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Thats kinda how I'm going to have to go about it.  I don't know anymore personally that could help me train who has done one before.  I figured going with one that is in its second year and is relatively local to me would be the best way before going to a bigger one.  The Tough Mudder is more then 5k though isn't it?

Quoting cntrdmom: Just jump in and do one. Consider that your learning curve. After that you'll know what you want and what to look for. The bigger and more well known the better it will be. Browse through photos on their site because they usually keep most of the same obstacles.
My goal is to do the tough mudder. Look that up.

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting cntrdmom:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN