Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Becoming me: Amy's weight loss journal

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM
  • 3 Replies
Hi! I am starting this journal as a motivation to really reach for my goal and attain it this time. I am a mama to 4 beautiful kids, plus two more angel babies that were lost to miscarriages. I have packed on a belly from my pregnancies, and I have lately began gaining even more weight because of a poor diet and lack of exercise.

I will say that the decision to set this goal right now is a hard one. I had my heart set on getting pregnant this month. But I'm realizing that it looks like waiting will be the best decision. I know my husband will be more comfortable with it as well. I am still trying to get over the anguish of not TTC *now*. But this is for the better.

My goal is to lose 25 pounds OR slim down enough that I know the extra weight is muscle in 6 months.

One hard thing for me to do will be reducing the number of sodas that I drink. I love the taste and I crave it! I am also an emotional and stress eater.

I will include with this a goal to run competitively in a race this summer. I need to pinpoint the race and register for it so that I have that looming to motivate me.

I will be trying to start tomorrow with a breakfast shake and a morning work-out.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jandjsmommy26
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:16 AM
good for u i wish u the best of luck
amy_dawn
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Well, it turns out that having lots of family over and working intensely on home-improvement projects isn't a situation very conducive to starting new workout and diet goals. I am eating a little more healthily today. But still no workouts... Most of our family has already left, and the family that is still here (indefinitely) will be helpful in watching my kids while I go workout.

My husband and I used to work out together at home, but we haven't done that in a while. I want us to start again. It will be good for us physically, spiritually, and for our relationship. It's just a matter of making it fit into our busy schedules.

I looked at some of the Marine-Corps Marathon sponsored races in my area this year. I think I am going to sign up for the 5k mud run and obstacle course. I need a 5k prior to that though. I'll have to look around for another one.

Most of all, I have to stay positive and focused on my goal. :-)
amy_dawn
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Ummmm, so it's been a while.

I have began losing weight, but I am not near my goal. I am down 6.5 lbs. I am proud of that! Admittedly, I haven't been trying like I should. Life has gotten in the way and I haven't yet put it in its place. Working in the heat is really helping, I think. I have chickens and goats to care for, plus a large garden. It's hard, between those, the house, and my kids to find time to exercise...but I guess I need to.

I didn't run the race I was planning to compete in. I wasn't ready. My new motivation is being fitter and thinner when the time is right to TTC another baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)