Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Need At-Home Workout Ideas! (Struggling a bit, LOW energy)

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hey all! I am looking for workout videos and workouts I can do while I am home with the kiddos. I have a 9 month old and a 2 year old, (and 7 yr old at school) so I either need things I can do with them all up in my business, or something I can do while they are napping (ie something that hopefully wont wake them up).

I found some Jillian Michaels videos free on Amazon Prime (love free!), and have some videos pinned on Pinterest mostly from Youtube and some from FitSugar. I have a stability ball, hand weights, and a kettlebell but frankly the kettlebell is a bit too heavy for me right now. I used to be in great shape but have really (really, really) slacked off so I need to be considered 'beginner'.

I am working on collecting some other workouts on Pinterest but mostly I need help with ACTUALLY DOING THE WORKOUTS! I can save ideas all day long to think about doing but typically I end up getting the kids down for a nap and I sleep too. Long story short is, I've been struggling with being really really tired all the time. I'm usually not up for exercise which totally sucks, but I am hoping that by making some activity an actual priority that I will boost my energy and fix my sleep cycles and feel better.

I did a whole30 through January and did pretty good with my eating, it was basically low(ish) carb strict paleo, lost some weight, but it didnt help with my energy levels too much and I went way back in the opposite direction afterwards and have been nose-diving into the carbs left and right since. Frustrating! Between the stress level i'm under and being tired all the time its just been so much easier to stay in my pjs and avoid it all and eat the valentine's cookies. Ugghhhh.

Sorry this is so long. Basically I am in desperate need of some workouts and ways to make it easy to do them consistently while I am home with the kids. I should add I am in Massachusetts, totally snowed in, and we have one car, so taking them somewhere (like the Mall to walk or anything) can get tough. Thanks everyone! (:

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Bodyrock.tv. try that. Videos and advice.

Eta: when I was consistently doing my workouts I would do them first thing in the morning. I got up at 5am, ate a small pre jog snack, and out at it at 5:30am. The same goes for workouts.

It made me feel like a badass all day and I had much more energy.
katherinemcp
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Thanks, I will check that out. Part of my issue is sticking with things for longer than a few weeks. I'll be doing great and then hit a small roadblock that ends up throwing me totally off. I cant wait for warm(ish) weather so I can get the kiddos out on the walking trails in my town, once the snow melts I am planning on hopefully hitting the paths at least a couple days a week after my oldest ds goes to school!

Quoting ambtrav2kids: Bodyrock.tv. try that. Videos and advice.

Eta: when I was consistently doing my workouts I would do them first thing in the morning. I got up at 5am, ate a small pre jog snack, and out at it at 5:30am. The same goes for workouts.

It made me feel like a badass all day and I had much more energy.

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I've been reading a lot of blog posts from nerdfitness.com and found a bunch that seemed to scream READ ME since it pertained to problems I've had. You should check out the blog. It's kind of eye opening in a way.
katherinemcp
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay, I will head over there now! (:

Quoting ambtrav2kids: I've been reading a lot of blog posts from nerdfitness.com and found a bunch that seemed to scream READ ME since it pertained to problems I've had. You should check out the blog. It's kind of eye opening in a way.

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Blogilates
shamillionaire
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:59 PM
My fav is crunch fat burning Pilates. It works everything and is only 40 mins. It's an older video but still hands down my fav. Te results are quick too!
Alyson121
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:49 AM

I love doing this workout because it's only 10 minutes, can be done right next to my bed and REALLY give the body a good work up.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper have some great workouts...good luck!

mommynewc
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:46 AM
I love all the beachbody workouts! Very effective!
proudmomof2653
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:03 AM

I just seen a infomercial about an at-home stationary bike I forgot what the name was but the sitcycle or something like it's neat because while watching tv you can still get your exercise on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN