Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight loss/exercise buddy?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm 45, married, have a first grade dd, need to lose at least 30 pounds, and am not very motivated to exercise. Can anyone help? I think I can be good at encouragement myself! My preferred means of communication is texting. Lol. Facebook would be okay or I could try one of the MFP accounts.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
proudmomof2653
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I can help if you want

Impressionists
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:26 PM
That would be great. I'll PM you if that's okay.

Quoting proudmomof2653:

I can help if you want

srehman
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM
I have a 12 week challenge on here! You are welcome to join that as well! We celebrate NSV and weight loss! We update our loss/gain! And just stay positive!

I will PM you too if you don't mind!
mjgm1966
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:13 PM

What is the 12 week challenge?

Quoting srehman: I have a 12 week challenge on here! You are welcome to join that as well! We celebrate NSV and weight loss! We update our loss/gain! And just stay positive!

srehman
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:19 PM
You follow whatever plan you want for 12 weeks and try to lose what you can in those 12 weeks! So, All you do is work out, eat healthy, follow the plan that you want to follow and check in weekly for support and advice! Just to have someone (people) encourage and help keep you motivated!
Share all of it! The good the bad and the ugly! Lol
I haven't done any challenges for the post, but that is somethjng to think about!

Quoting mjgm1966:

Quoting srehman: I have a 12 week challenge on here! You are welcome to join that as well! We celebrate NSV and weight loss! We update our loss/gain! And just stay positive!

mjgm1966
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I love that idea!

Quoting srehman: You follow whatever plan you want for 12 weeks and try to lose what you can in those 12 weeks! So, All you do is work out, eat healthy, follow the plan that you want to follow and check in weekly for support and advice! Just to have someone (people) encourage and help keep you motivated!
I haven't done any challenges for the post, but that is somethjng to think about!

Quoting mjgm1966:

srehman
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:32 PM
I will
Bump the post and whatever day you weigh in on, will be your day to check in! Mine are
Mondays.

Quoting mjgm1966:

I love that idea!

Quoting srehman: You follow whatever plan you want for 12 weeks and try to lose what you can in those 12 weeks! So, All you do is work out, eat healthy, follow the plan that you want to follow and check in weekly for support and advice! Just to have someone (people) encourage and help keep you motivated!

Quoting mjgm1966:

proudmomof2653
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Sure

Quoting Impressionists: That would be great. I'll PM you if that's okay.

Quoting proudmomof2653:

I can help if you want

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Welcome!  We usually have daily meal and workout check ins in the group:)  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)