Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Whey

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:05 AM
  • 12 Replies

Does any drink whey? If so how do you like it? I'm not a big fan if just the whey And water so I was thinking of blending it with Greek yogurt and some fruits and spinach .but if you have any good smoothie recipes I would love to hear it

by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I mix a scoop of whey protein, 1 cup frozen strawberrie and 1 cup almond milk for a breakfast smoothie.  I love it.

Anonymously3
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:08 AM

That sounds good do you use unsweetened or sweetened almond milk.we are going food shopping today and almond milk is on my list I may add some frozen fruits 

Quoting mjgm1966:

I mix a scoop of whey protein, 1 cup frozen strawberrie and 1 cup almond milk for a breakfast smoothie.  I love it.

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I've used both.  But usually I get the unsweetened.  I've also made it with the coconut milk, too.  Both are good.

Quoting Anonymously3:

That sounds good do you use unsweetened or sweetened almond milk.we are going food shopping today and almond milk is on my list I may add some frozen fruits 

Quoting mjgm1966:

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Nope. I don't use any processed powders. I make smoothies with only fresh veggies and frozen fruit.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Nasty stuff.  We gave it to my youngest DS for a year because of a doctor's recommendation....didn't do him any good.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I use it to make protein bars or cookies... or a post work snack I mix it into my greek yogurt with pb and apples. I hardly do shakes but if I do its with almond milk.
KJH618
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:56 PM
I like it and its a great snack or meal replacement but I had to stop using because it my my arthritis in my knees flare up and upset my baby's tummy who I nurse.
srehman
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I use chocolate whey, with unsweetened almond milk or dark chocolate almond milk, I love fresh blueberries, banana, and frozen strawberries.
It's usually a snack or meal replacement, depending on my calorie needs. I like it more after a workout!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I agree here.

Quoting mcginnisc: Nope. I don't use any processed powders. I make smoothies with only fresh veggies and frozen fruit.

Anonymously3
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Ya I think I'm going to use it as my breakfast replacement and add some frozen fruit and maybe some spinach to it.but I might switch between that an an egg white protein smoothies 

Quoting srehman: I use chocolate whey, with unsweetened almond milk or dark chocolate almond milk, I love fresh blueberries, banana, and frozen strawberries.
It's usually a snack or meal replacement, depending on my calorie needs. I like it more after a workout!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN