Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is your overall health?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:25 AM
  • 43 Replies

Are you in good health overall?  Do you have any health problems?  How's your overall diet and activity level?  What areas could you improve on?

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saharra
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:35 AM
No, I'm not in the greatest health.

I do have a lot of health issues... Such as- juvenile diabetes (got it when I was 2), pulmonic valve stenosis (makes it hard for me to catch my breath sometimes), then just normal allergies and sinus issues from that. I now also am looking at getting a bone graft done on my jaw because of a dental implant being infected. Which is weird because it's been in over 10 yrs. I have also had gall bladder issues (removed), bleeding issues, I had a bone on my foot that would break every time I was pregnant so they removed the bone. I'm probably 30lbs overweight, but it's coming down and it will continue to come down easily this summer.

I'm pretty decent with my diet. Being a diabetic I've had to be. However, there is one week every month that kicks my rear! Lol. I'm not an overly active person... Others would tell you I don't stop moving though. I walk 1 mile every day to go down and feed horses. 1/2 mile in the morning and one in the evening. If I want to ride I get another one in. Those horses are a lot of work, but they are good for me. I want them taken care of, so it helps me get the exercise I need and I don't even think of getting it and having to work out.

I still could improve on my sweet tooth and getting recipes that are healthier. I'm not much of a cook, and that would help a ton.
cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:42 AM
I have aches and pains but I'm healthy. Overall I'm I'm greats health and now that I'm working out a lot even better. I've lost enough weight I'm not overweight according to my BMI anymore either.
Diet is great. I rarely eat any kind of junk. I only eat meat 1-2 times a month, minimal carbs, very little dairy. I'm also pretty active in general when I'm not exhausted from work.
The things I need to improve are just continuing to strengthen and lose some more weight.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:46 AM

I'm doing a LOT better now than I was 3 years ago.  I used to have uncontrollable blood sugars even with plenty of meds, high blood pressure, astronomical cholesterol levels, heart and kidney issues, low energy level, all kinds of digestive issues, thinning hair, and nails that constantly split.  Now I only have to worry about the blood sugar levels going too low and keep adjusting meds lower so they don't go too low.

My diet saved me.  It's not an overall weight loss diet, but that is a benefit. It's just a good nutrient dense/no processed foods/no refined sugar diet.  Amazing, what real food can do.

I'm not super active, although I'm usually on the move from 6 a.m. to 10:30 - 11 p.m.  This is probably the only area I could improve on, although it will be much easier once spring hits.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction making great progress!

Quoting Saharra: No, I'm not in the greatest health.

I do have a lot of health issues... Such as- juvenile diabetes (got it when I was 2), pulmonic valve stenosis (makes it hard for me to catch my breath sometimes), then just normal allergies and sinus issues from that. I now also am looking at getting a bone graft done on my jaw because of a dental implant being infected. Which is weird because it's been in over 10 yrs. I have also had gall bladder issues (removed), bleeding issues, I had a bone on my foot that would break every time I was pregnant so they removed the bone. I'm probably 30lbs overweight, but it's coming down and it will continue to come down easily this summer.

I'm pretty decent with my diet. Being a diabetic I've had to be. However, there is one week every month that kicks my rear! Lol. I'm not an overly active person... Others would tell you I don't stop moving though. I walk 1 mile every day to go down and feed horses. 1/2 mile in the morning and one in the evening. If I want to ride I get another one in. Those horses are a lot of work, but they are good for me. I want them taken care of, so it helps me get the exercise I need and I don't even think of getting it and having to work out.

I still could improve on my sweet tooth and getting recipes that are healthier. I'm not much of a cook, and that would help a ton.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Good for you mama!

Quoting cntrdmom: I have aches and pains but I'm healthy. Overall I'm I'm greats health and now that I'm working out a lot even better. I've lost enough weight I'm not overweight according to my BMI anymore either.
Diet is great. I rarely eat any kind of junk. I only eat meat 1-2 times a month, minimal carbs, very little dairy. I'm also pretty active in general when I'm not exhausted from work.
The things I need to improve are just continuing to strengthen and lose some more weight.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:49 AM

You've come a long way!!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I'm doing a LOT better now than I was 3 years ago.  I used to have uncontrollable blood sugars even with plenty of meds, high blood pressure, astronomical cholesterol levels, heart and kidney issues, low energy level, all kinds of digestive issues, thinning hair, and nails that constantly split.  Now I only have to worry about the blood sugar levels going too low and keep adjusting meds lower so they don't go too low.

My diet saved me.  It's not an overall weight loss diet, but that is a benefit. It's just a good nutrient dense/no processed foods/no refined sugar diet.  Amazing, what real food can do.

I'm not super active, although I'm usually on the move from 6 a.m. to 10:30 - 11 p.m.  This is probably the only area I could improve on, although it will be much easier once spring hits.

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Overall, I'm in pretty good health. My blood pressure is low, resting heart rate is low, good cholesterol levels. I'm very active. But I'm 50 lbs overweight :(. My diet is ok but it could be better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:53 AM

We all have room for improvement!

Quoting MamaCeleste0722: Overall, I'm in pretty good health. My blood pressure is low, resting heart rate is low, good cholesterol levels. I'm very active. But I'm 50 lbs overweight :(. My diet is ok but it could be better.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:54 AM

My overall health is very good...great blood pressure, great levels for cholesterol, heart rate, etc.  I am overweight though...working on that currently and improving each day:)

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Thank you!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You've come a long way!!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)