Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

endometriosis and weight loss

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:33 AM
  • 6 Replies
Is losing weight possible with moderate to severe endometriosis? I'm 4'9" and 120lbs. I need to lose a little weight and firm up. Unfortunately I swell badly. I can go from a size 5 to a 9 jeans in hours. I have pants in different sizes because I never know what will fit. This also makes me tired all the time. I am waiting to find a doctor that is willing to treat it besides just giving me birth control. They say I'm to young for a hysterectomy. So any suggestions on how to regain energy and lose weight?
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mummy2Connor
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:43 AM

BUMP!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Welcome to the group mama!  I'm honestly not sure as I'm not familiar with that but I bet some other ladies can help though:)

MrsCuniculus
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Thank you.
snowbear74
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:26 AM

try resistance bands and lifting weights. It will tone your body and help you to lose weight but you have to eat healthy also or you wont see results too well if at all.cardio can help you lose weight but I have found resistance/weigh training is what is toning me up the best.They say pilates and yoga is good for toning as well.changing your diet may help with the energy.maybe look up how to lose weight with endo,or how to get more energy with endo. A friend of mine his wife has endo and she started working out about a year ago and she has lost a lot of weight(she goes to the gym a lot).so it can be done.Sounds like you dont need to lose a lot of weight though.good luck

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Feb. 21, 2014 at 9:44 PM
I have endometriosis and have lost 75 lbs. It is definitely possible.
It sounds like you may need to look into have the surgery to 'clean' you out. I have had it done and it made a huge difference. It cleared up a LOT of my symptoms.
I personally can't take birth control at all. Can't handle the stuff.
Have you had any procedures done yet? Ultrasounds/scopes/etc?
MrsCuniculus
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:38 AM
I had a laproscopy but the pain and bloating came back within 3 months. Ill try lifting weights and walking. I also have a slip disk with nerve damage. Sit ups are impossible. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)