Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

On my second glass of wine.

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:26 AM
  • 14 Replies
This is my weakness. If its in the house I can't resist. So I'm having my 2nd glass of wine. Once I run out I won't buy more for a while. My husband talked me into buying this on V-day.
Anybody else still drink wine while trying to lose weight? Is 1-2 glasses like 3-4 times a week really that bad? Lol
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabithab25
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I'm not sure if it's bad or not (I'm sure it is) but I have the same problem...the rest of my family has no interest in dieting so usually my will power is not strong enough to make it last.

MommyC57
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:39 AM

There is a lot of sugar in wine, more so in white than red.  So, yes, it can slow your progress if you're drinking 4 days out of 7.  Maybe just try to have 2 glasses 1-2 times a week.  I love a glass of wine too!  But I try to just have a glass or two on the weekend, unless there is something going on during the week that we go out for.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 18, 2014 at 5:59 PM

You were drinking wine at 8:30 in the morning?  Please tell me that isn't the case here.  

RoyalT26
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I love wine too! It is also my biggest weakness, I don't think that's a lot, I have like two glasses a day, and I ve been losing, slowly but surely...I'm sure I could lose quicker if I nixed that indulgence however.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:38 PM
I drink wine 2-3 days per week. I don't notice any interruption in my health or fitness routine. I make sure to drink water in between glasses though, to counter dehydration.
4girlsinmylife
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I drink red wine on the weekends only. Not every wkend but every other wkend. My weakness too but I look forward to it on the weekends ;). I'm still fit
cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:12 PM
I work nights.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You were drinking wine at 8:30 in the morning?  Please tell me that isn't the case here.  

cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:13 PM
I drank a lot of water before hand. I fell asleep before drinking much of the second glass anyways.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: I drink wine 2-3 days per week. I don't notice any interruption in my health or fitness routine. I make sure to drink water in between glasses though, to counter dehydration.
ILoveYourWork
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:13 PM
I had whiskey last night #badme

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Makes sense now!  Hugs!  LOL!

Quoting cntrdmom: I work nights.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)