Love Your Body Challenge Day 12: Bird Dogs, Planks and Squats
Welcome to Day 12 of the Love Your Body Challenge.
Make sure you post everyday after you have completed the daily exercises.
Here are today's exercises:
30 Bird Dogs
30 Second Plank
Here is today's healthy recipe:
- 12 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (or you can make these freshly yourself)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup Cojita cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro plus more for garnish, chopped
- Corn tortillas (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine beef, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1 tablespoon chili powder; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, and poblano and saute 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add beef and marinade to vegetables and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. In another bowl, combine beans, avocado, cheese, 1/4 cup cilantro, and remaining lime juice and chili powder.
5. Garnish beef and vegetables with remaining cilantro. Serve with avocado salad and warmed tortillas if desired.
Did/will you do the 3 exercises of the day?
Do you like stir-fry?
What are some of your favorite stir fry recipes?