* BONUS DAY* Love Your Body Challenge Day 14: Standing Calf Raises, Jumping Jacks and Vertical Leg Crunches
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Travel Mug!
Welcome to Day 14 of the Love Your Body Challenge.
Make sure you post everyday after you have completed the daily exercises.
Here are today's exercises:
20 Standing Calf Raises
100 Jumping Jacks
25 Vertical Leg Crunches
Here is today's healthy recipe:
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 to 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3 cups arugula, watercress, and/or spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic until the onion is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and red pepper, if using. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes, until the tomatoes are warm. Mix in the arugula, watercress, or spinach and heat until just wilted.
3. Spoon the pasta into bowls and top with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and cheese.
Did/will you do the 3 exercises of the day?
Do you eat healthier versions of pasta?
Share your favorite healthy pasta recipes!