Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What do you do when you lose motivation? UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:03 PM
  • 14 Replies
I've been logging calories on MFP for 51 days. I've lost 11 pounds. It's a drop in the bucket. I cannot tell. We're considering TTC this summer, so idk why I should even really bother if I'm just going to be sick & gain weight & have no motivation to cook or plan meals or grocery shop. I had a really crappy eating day today & I'm feeling really down in general. I'm completely unmotivated & just want to binge eat/quit!

UPDATE: Thanks for all the kind words & suggestions. I really think I posted this when I was having a bad day. And that's what eating has always been for me. Emotional. In years past, I've always made an effort for a short while & then given up.

I've been using MFP for 54 days. I can honestly say that's the longest I've stuck to anything. And while I've had discouraging days, the next day, I keep logging calories. Up until this last week, I'd just tried to eat a little less/better, drink more water, and log my calories. I didn't care if I went over my calories. I suppose those weeks were eye openers & at the very least, I was holding myself accountable for what I was eating -- even over my calorie goal by several hundred calories. It's also been an eye-opening experience. I've learned I want to eat A LOT & I can if I'm eating healthier foods. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there.

This past week, I decided I'd try really hard to stay at my calories. Friday was a bad day, but I was at, under, or barely above my goal every other day. And from last Monday to today I've lost 5 pounds. I'm waiting for some to creep back. I've always fluctuated...down, up a little, down, up a little, down...Plus, I start my period this week. That added an extra 4 pounds over night last month. But, for the first time, the fluctuation & increases when they happen aren't stopping me. I don't feel like myself logging calories every day. It's almost a surreal experience to keep going. I know at some point I'll need to add exercise. I'm praying I get there just as I've gotten here with logging calories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elibrito
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Don't quit! Have you lost any inches? Are you working out? Besides counting calories, what else are you doing?
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM
I have not measured inches. I don't really know how to measure inches consistently. I considered taking measurements tomorrow seeing as it's the first of the month.

I am not working out. It's too cold to walk & that's my exercise of choice.

I'm just generally trying to eat less. And drink more water.

Quoting Elibrito: Don't quit! Have you lost any inches? Are you working out? Besides counting calories, what else are you doing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elibrito
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Yeah you should measure yourself. Sometimes the scale doesn't move but we do loose inches. And exercising will def help on improving your results
kanikki82
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:52 PM
You just have to force yourself to get moving. Once you start working out you will feel better. You need to discipline yourself and don't give up. Being healthy is what you need. It's easy to just want to eat a lot. But just think of how much harder you'll have to work to take the extra calories off. Don't give up on yourself and your goals. Eat better and exercise! You will love yourself for it :)
Retrokitty
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Google search before and after weight loss. There should be 2 tumblr pages. Looking at people's weight loss helps me feel motivated lol, weirdly enough.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:43 AM

11 pounds in less than 2 months is awesome!!!  You should be proud mama!

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:56 AM

11 pounds in 2 months is awesome....! It's taken me almost 2 1/2 years to lose 35 pounds and I'm super excited and still plugging along.  I've fallen along the way, but it just makes me more bound and determined to get back up and keep going.  DON'T GIVE UP.  YOU CAN DO THIS!

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:50 PM
I guess I would feel more excited if I could even notice. Even a little. But I can't.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 1, 2014 at 5:28 PM

You will get there...keep going!

Quoting lillybug222: I guess I would feel more excited if I could even notice. Even a little. But I can't.
Quoting darbyakeep45:

RitaTequila531
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 5:30 PM
When that happens, I have to push myself even harder because i know me, laziness is a black hole that is easy for me to get sucked into :0(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)