Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Weight Loss. Want to cry,

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM
  • 46 Replies

So I need to lose weight I know it. I cant shop like normal person. I hate being fat. Have tried to lose weight? yes? but I only last a few days. I love to eat. I have to work out.  And i have 2 kids and I go to school. I know that means nothing but I just don't know what to do. My husband lost 35 almost 40 pounds in 3 months and keeps losing weight every month. Works out and eats much much less. All together he has lose 90 pounds. Plz don't be mean. Can you plz give advice. or something?

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kanikki82
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you thought of jogging? I have found I love it :) I stroll my daughter in her stroller and go for a half hour walk/jog, my son goes with us to when he's not at school. A simple cardio workout, jumping jacks, jump roap, squats, followed by strength training. Planking is awesome! Also squats show great results. I use 3lb. Weights while squating. Eating healthy is also key.. I have a semi unhealthy eating habit. I love my junk food lol! You just gotta try to reach for fruits and vegis rather than junk. Good luck to you!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Welcome!  Do you count calories, track your food, do you know your BMR?  What kinds of foods are you eating?  

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Don't be discouraged.  You've come to a great place.  Just take it one day at a time.  ....Make sure you are drinking plenty of water, and a small healthy snack between meals.  This will help you to not get too hungry and overeat.  Good luck.

LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:19 AM

If you need a weight loss buddy, someone to motivate you to stay on track, you can PM me.  

mommylizTB2809
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I was counting calories but it just upset me more

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome!  Do you count calories, track your food, do you know your BMR?  What kinds of foods are you eating?  

mommylizTB2809
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:32 PM

What is PM mean?

Quoting LDavis33:

If you need a weight loss buddy, someone to motivate you to stay on track, you can PM me.  

Retrokitty
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this

How far are you wiling to go?

I would suggest overhauling your whole kitchen. Throw out any processed food. If its for the kids, keep it in a separate box. Eat clean and meal plan. Go to the grocery store and try to only buy food that is not processed. If it is, look for less than 5 ingredients and make sure they are pronounceable. Try to cut out wheat, if you can't then at least switch to whole wheat. Work on changing the types of meat you eat, try to buy only white meat. No pork or beef. Drink lots of water! Buy a water bottle or two if you don't already have one. I find it easier to drink water with lots of ice in it.

Sit down with your husband each week and plan out healthy meal for each day. If you have trouble with portions buy smaller plates! I use my toddlers plastic plates to control portions.

Cut up a bunch of veggies and fruits each Sunday and put them in individual baggies or containers. That's so you if you have the urge to snack you can easily just grab a baggie of veggies :) Bags of nuts too.

Make sure you also have snacks full of protein! Veggies and fruit are great but will make you hungry! I find its easiest to make smoothies with protein powder or some other sort of protein so you stay full longer.

Use your husband as accountability! Set up work out plans together. Either work out together and or set up times for you each to work out.

Set goals, and rewards. For example if you lose 10 maybe reward yourself with a pedicure, if you lose 20, maybe a romantic weekend get away. When you get to your goal weight reward yourself with a new wardrobe :)

Have a cheat night once a week. Eat a food (in a moderately sized portion, don't eat a whole bag of chips- a bowl is fine) that is your weakness. That way you won't feel the need to cheat because you know you can have it in a few days.

LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:55 PM

You can private message me.  Just click on my screen name and it should walk you through the rest. 

Quoting mommylizTB2809:

What is PM mean?

Quoting LDavis33:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:03 PM
5 moms liked this

I work full time with a 45 minute commute each way, I'm a full time student, and I'm a Mom with a very active kid that does lots of activities outside of school. Guess what? I still find 30 minutes a day to work out. It takes a commitment, and it takes some time to adjust, but once you do something 10 times it becomes a routine, and you'll feel weird if you DON'T do it. 

Weight loss isn't something you can half ass and get magical results. It takes dedication, commitment, and will power. You can do it, everyone is stronger than they think they are, you just have to figure that out for yourself. Everyone loves to eat. Everyone has weaknesses, but you have to figure out a way to rise above that. Food is not a reward. Food is not a cure-all for life's problems. Food isn't comfort, it doesn't give you a hug, and it doesn't make life's problems go away. Food is fuel for your amazing body to accomplish amazing things. Nothing more. 

Mi_Chelly
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

::hugs:: I have started and stopped weight loss sooooo many times over the past 10 years. Just like you, I would start, I would kick it strong and feel really good, for a day. The second day, excusses start popping into my head, but they were small so I could "work on me" a second day. Third day, those excusses started to sound good and viable, but I would still push through. By the fourth and fifth day, I was getting more and more tempted to give in... Then that pesky weekend would show up and damn, those excusses no longer sounded like excusses but actual truth... And that cycle would continue every few months. Really bad when my husband deployed... He would lose all kinds of weight, while I sat on the couch eating that box of girl scout cookies because he now really depressed me....

January of this year, I decided to start yet again. But this time, I started small... I chose ONE activity to work on. So for now, it is walking. And I am slowly building off it. I plan on adding calorie counting everything soon, I have been building my apps for it, adding food each time I make something. Once all my recipies and snacks, etc. are loaded, I plan on using them to start tracking my calories and such. My husband has been encouraging me, by slowly getting me moved over to lower calorie foods and helping me find water flavors I can drink (too much plain water a day makes me feel nauseated). 

If you would like a buddy, feel free to PM me. I love making friends, but I am honestly really shy about it.. I lurk on this site more then I post because I always feel nervous or that I will sound kinda dumb/stupid.... This year I am working on breaking so many bad habits lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN