Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Spring Weight Loss Challenge - Starting Weights/Measurements

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:14 AM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

March 1 is here ladies...what is your starting weight/measurements?  You don't have to share if you don't feel comfortable.  You're welcome to just share your progress each week.  Whatever works best for you.

Good luck ladies!

by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherylw993
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Hi

I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 143.5 lbs. I have not measured  myself, but I can wear my size 8 jeans, but they are not very comfortable. My goal is to lose 20 lbs and fit back into my size 6 jeans comfortably.

I plan to re sign up for Weight Watchers on Monday or Tuesday. Usually there scale is more accurate than mine, So I will post what that number is next week. I also plan to make my own post about my weight loss journey.  

jbarker9
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:12 AM

My scale is always a bit off, but I weighed in at 198 this morning. My waist measures 45" - which is super depressing. Hoping to lose 10lbs over the time frame for this challenge, and 50lbs total.

I start a work out class Wednesday, and found a great ab workout that I want to start doing every other day. I need to fit in cardio at home somehow when I can't get to the gym.

LaughCryLive
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:46 AM
I wear a size 2o pant and 22 top. :(

I can't believe I typed that out. :(
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

My starting weight is 155.0
I will be back later to track measurements. The scale has been stuck..but my clothes are fitting differently. So the measurments may be the big changes I see during this challenge.
Would really like to drop 5-10lbs during the challenge..but at this point I will take any notable changes. :)

Chest: 34.5 inches (just under bra band)

Waist: 32 inches (at smallest point)

Hips: 38 inches(at largest point)

Arms: L 11.5Inches, R 12 inches (At largest point, unflexed)

Thighs: L 22.5 inches, R 22.5 inches (at largest point)

Erinelizz
by Erin on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Current weight: 140.6 (my original starting weight was 153 in mid-January, so I'm down 12.4 pounds so far).

Weight Goal: lose 5 pounds per month, hopefully reaching 125 by May 31

Additional goals: fit into my size 4-6 clothing again, and get rid of all clothing size 8 and above so I'm not tempted to let myself gain the weight back again!

Diet/Exersize goals: workout 5x per week, continue to eat a cleaner diet, and log food daily with MFP
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Current weight 172
Chest 34.5
Waist (af smallest) 32
Belly button 36
Hips 39
Bf% 39.8

My goal is to lose 13 lbs (and to be in the 150s) run a half marathon, strength train 3 days/week and follow a 80% paleo diet.
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:36 AM
My weigh in days are on Sundays and since I've already been eating today I don't want to step on the scale right now. Last Sunday I weighed 174.4. I haven't taken my measurements in a long time.

I'll do my measurements later and come back to post them.
youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I only take measurements every three months, and I weigh on Mondays. So every Friday, I'll say what my weight was the past Monday.I'm at 198.6

HW:249
SW:198.6
proudmomof2653
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I will just share my progress each week, i do not want to weigh myself because i do not want to get upset if i see a number i do not like.

slashteddy
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:20 PM
New to the group, but I started fifteen days ago. My starting weight was about 235, and today I weighed about 220. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN