Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Here we go again! This time I'm gonna make it stick!

Posted by   + Show Post

I started a weight loss/fitness journal a few months back, but nothing ever came of it.  I've made small changes in my lifestyle.  I no longer drink pop (well, not entirely true, I treat myself every Saturday to a Dr. Pepper).  I eat cleaner, and buy a lot less processed food.  I exercise a couple of times a week, and even started the Tyson Method 6 week bootcamp this past week (thus the sore booty and aching legs).  In total I've lost 6 lousy pounds since last November. :(

I'm not doing enough to get myself into the shape I want to be.  I need to kick it up a couple of notches, push myself harder.  My motivation in the past has always been to look good, but that has changed in recent months.  On Christmas Eve my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.  We are blessed that it was diagnosed early (stage 1).  She had a mastectomy in January and is now cancer free.  But it got me thinking... I realize that I can't completely eliminate the risk of getting breast cancer, but I can certainly do a lot of things to reduce it.  And in the event that I ever get sick, I want to be in good health so I have the energy to fight back!  

So this is it.  This is my last best effort to get it done.  No more excuses.  I have about 10 different workouts on DVD, hand weights, yoga mat, running shoes, an elliptical and a supportive DH.  I'm ready to do this!

Current weight: 140 lbs

Goal weight: 120 - 125 lbs

Current BMI: 25.6

Goal BMI: 22

Measurements:

Bust: 38"

Waist: 34"

Abs: 37"

Hips: 38"

Thighs: R 22" L 22"

Biceps: R 11" L 11"

Here I go! 

jumping rope

by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Replies (11-16):
LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I've done pretty good the past few days.  I had a rest day on Wednesday, and on Thursday I went to my 50 minute boot camp.  Yesterday I was pretty sore and just in a slump so I didn't get any exercise in either.  I only planned on one rest day a week, but I guess this week it'll be two. I feel badly about it, but I am trying hard not to beat myself up too much.

As far as food goes I've been doing pretty good.  No fast food or junk this week (well, I did have two oreo cookies the other night, but since generally I could sit down and ewat half a box, two cookies is nothing).  I've decided not to weigh or measure myself until the end of the 6 week boot camp.  I'm just going to concentrate on exercising and increasing my strength, endurance and energy.  

Today I plan on doing 45 minutes of cardio in the morning, and 30 minutes of yoga this evening.  Although, I'd really like to work on my upper body too, so maybe some hand weights? 

LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Yesterday I did 30 minutes kickboxing/strength and 15 minutes of yoga.  It was a busy day so that I all I could fit in.  As far as my diet, well it was a bit of an "oops" day.  It was my nephews birthday, so there were burgers, hot dogs, pasta salad and chocolate cake.  I tried to limit myself but I went a bit overboard (I did manage to only have one piece of cake though).

Today was a bit better as far as diet goes (not much better, but a bit for sure).  And I went to my boot camp.  It was tough today.  I'm having some problems with my left wrist now and it is interfering in some of my workout.  I can't put any weight on it and it is too weak to really grip anything, so planks, push ups, and free weights are out for now.  I have a dr.'s appointment friday to find out exactly what is going on.  Until then I'll just modify.  

On the plus side, I did an elbow plank for 1 minute, which I coudn't do even a week ago.  Yeah me!

LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Tuesday was rest day for me.  My wrist was really bothering me so I'm glad for that.  I went to my boot camp last night.  It was a tough one, my arms and abs are feeling it today.  And then this morning I managed a 40 minute cardio/strength workout. I can barely lift my arms, but it will be worth it.  

With my wrist guard I managed to do push ups last night, although I probably shouldn't have done that until I see my Dr.  But no pain no gain.  I really don't want to risk losing any momentum I've built up.

Diet has been going pretty well.  Drinking way more water, eating more lean protein and whole grains, and a lot less junk (although I made chocolate chip cookies for my kids on Tuesday and indulged in two of them).  

I'm proud of how far I've come in terms of strength and endurance.  I won't take measurements or weigh myself until I am done bootcamp, so another three weeks.

LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:58 PM

I kind of fell of the wagon so to speak this past week.  For some reason, when DH is home from work I just can get myself motivated to exercise.  I didn't miss bootcamp, but I pretty much nixed all of my other workouts for the week he was home.

We were super busy most of the time (as usual) and didn't get to eat a lot of home cooked food (as usual) and with my willpower being what it is I ended up eating a lot of junk (as usual).

I feel horrible, and am tempted to just give up.  I won't, but I am tempted.

Today I am in spring cleaning mode, and am lucky enough to have only one little one at home at the moment, so I know I have to get that stuff done today.  But I'm gonna be back in the game tomorrow.

LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Went to boot camp monday, did Jillian 30 Day shred level 3 on Tuesday and hit boot camp again yesterday.  Plan on doing level 3 again tonight.  Probably some yoga as well.

Back on track with my diet too.  I'm doing the "No S" diet.  No snacks, no seconds, no sweets except on days that start with S.  3 meals a day during the week, only what will fit on my plate.  I don't count calories, I try to make better choices in what I eat but I don't deny myself the things that I enjoy.  No snacking in between or at night and no sweets at all.  I started this one back in December and lost 6 pounds very quickly, but then for no apparent reason I stopped.  Don't know why considering it was working for me.

Hoping it all starts coming together.  Summer is coming, the kids will want to be outside and I need the energy to keep up with them.  Plus, living only minutes from the lake, I know my DS will want to spend a lot of time on the beach and I want to be able to enjoy myself without being overly self-conscious.

LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Did arms on Thursday and legs and butt on Friday, using Tyson method online workouts.  Yesterday was a rest day and today I'm not sure what I have planned.  Most likely Jillian Michaels 30 day shred or cardio. 

I've been watching what (and how much I eat) and have stuck to the "no S" diet.  It really doesn't feel like a diet.  I can still eat eat whatever I want, and I look forward to my treats on my "s" days (yesterday was a mini can of coke and popcorn in the evening).  

I'm definitely feeling stronger and I have more endurance, but I still haven't noticed a huge change in my body yet.  I refuse to weigh/measure myself until the end of boot camp (which is Wednesday).  I really don't think there will be much difference which is frustrating, but even so I won't be giving up.  I've gotta do this.

Talked to DH the other day and he said that since we've both been exercising consistently for a couple of months (he's been doing this a bit longer than me) that we should look into buying a bowflex.  I'm really excited about this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)