Love Your Body Challenge Day 19: Side Lunges, Incline Push Ups, and Oblique Crunches
Welcome to Day 19 of the Love Your Body Challenge.
Make sure you post everyday after you have completed the daily exercises.
Here are today's exercises:
20 Side Lunges (each side)
15 Incline Push Ups
10 Oblique Crunches
Here is today's healthy recipe:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1⅓ cups water
- ⅔ cup quinoa
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced, white parts and tops seperated
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried mint leaves
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and membrane removed
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix garbanzo beans, stewed tomatoes, walnuts, raisins, white parts of green onions, lemon juice, chili powder, garlic powder, mint, and cinnamon together in a bowl; stir in cooked quinoa.
- Arrange red bell pepper halves in the prepared baking sheet. Spoon quinoa mixture into each red bell pepper half.
- Bake until bell peppers are tender, about 30 minutes. Spoon a few teaspoons of drippings from the bottom of the baking dish over each stuffed pepper; top each with 1 tablespoon goat cheese and green parts of green onions.
Did/will you do the 3 exercises of the day?
What are your favorite main course veggie dishes?