Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Want to lose

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:16 PM
  • 14 Replies
I just had my second child 5 months ago. I weigh 140 and I want to lose 20 lbs. is it even possible? How should I start? Should I do lots of cardio then tone it after I lose it? What is an easy diet to follow?
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Welcome!  You can definitely do it!  What's your diet like?  What kinds of foods do you eat?  Are you nursing?  do you know your BMR?  Those are good places to start:)

Mommyaunatural
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Breakfast (Special K cereal with almond milk), lunch (cheese quesadilla or ham cheese sand which on whole wheat bread with Greek yogurt) dinner ( protein, brown rice and veggies) I am nursing. I don't know my bmr

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome!  You can definitely do it!  What's your diet like?  What kinds of foods do you eat?  Are you nursing?  do you know your BMR?  Those are good places to start:)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Sounds like you aren't eating enough food to be honest.  What is your height, weight, age, and number of days you want to exercise each week?  I can help with your BMR.  You can PM me those numbers if you don't want to post them.

Quoting Mommyaunatural: Breakfast (Special K cereal with almond milk), lunch (cheese quesadilla or ham cheese sand which on whole wheat bread with Greek yogurt) dinner ( protein, brown rice and veggies) I am nursing. I don't know my bmr
Quoting darbyakeep45:

Mommyaunatural
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:47 PM
I'm 5'1. Weight 140. I am 25 yrs old. Probably 3 days a week.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Sounds like you aren't eating enough food to be honest.  What is your height, weight, age, and number of days you want to exercise each week?  I can help with your BMR.  You can PM me those numbers if you don't want to post them.

Quoting Mommyaunatural: Breakfast (Special K cereal with almond milk), lunch (cheese quesadilla or ham cheese sand which on whole wheat bread with Greek yogurt) dinner ( protein, brown rice and veggies) I am nursing. I don't know my bmr

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Your BMR is 1433, and since you're nursing fulltime, you need to add 500 calories/day to that.  So, you need to eat no less than 1933 calories each day as long as you're nursing...to support your supply.

1933 x 1.375 = 2657 (while working out 1-3 days/week to maintain your weight)

To lose 1 pound per week, 2657-500=2157.

So you need to eat between 1933-2157 calories each day.  Make sense?

Quoting Mommyaunatural: I'm 5'1. Weight 140. I am 25 yrs old. Probably 3 days a week.
Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Mommyaunatural
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:58 PM
It makes sense. I just don't have time to eat that much food.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Your BMR is 1433, and since you're nursing fulltime, you need to add 500 calories/day to that.  So, you need to eat no less than 1933 calories each day as long as you're nursing...to support your supply.

Quoting Mommyaunatural: I'm 5'1. Weight 140. I am 25 yrs old. Probably 3 days a week.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Well, you probably won't be able to lose weight to be honest.  You have to eat in order to lose weight...especially if you're nursing.  If you don't eat enough, your supply will dwindle away.  Not to mention, working out burns a lot of calories (depending on what you do), so you need replenish your body with good calories.  Instead of focusing on the numbers, you can try to focus on the quality of food you eat...veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, little to no processed food, LOTS of water...drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day.

I wish you the best!

Quoting Mommyaunatural: It makes sense. I just don't have time to eat that much food.
Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Mommyaunatural
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Thanks. I can eat that' much but I have two kids one of whih is tantruming all day so it's difficult to do anything for myself

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Well, you probably won't be able to lose weight to be honest.  You have to eat in order to lose weight...especially if you're nursing.  If you don't eat enough, your supply will dwindle away.  Not to mention, working out burns a lot of calories (depending on what you do), so you need replenish your body with good calories.  Instead of focusing on the numbers, you can try to focus on the quality of food you eat...veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, little to no processed food, LOTS of water...drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day.

I wish you the best!

Quoting Mommyaunatural: It makes sense. I just don't have time to eat that much food.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Totally understand.  I really do.  I have a special needs medically fragile child who requires 24/7 care.  Hugs!

Quoting Mommyaunatural: Thanks. I can eat that' much but I have two kids one of whih is tantruming all day so it's difficult to do anything for myself
Quoting darbyakeep45:

I wish you the best!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

BeachbodyMom77
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM

I had a hard time with that as well - I drink a shake every morning (protein , veggies/fruit, probiotics, etc) but some days I need extra calories, so I will add in fruit or peanut butter or other items to get in a little extra. :)  What kind of workouts do you do??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN